Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

W204 Faclelift NTG4.7 audio upgrade questions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS 320 CDI
W204 Faclelift NTG4.7 audio upgrade questions.

Hi,

I have been a member for a few years now and have found some the advice here to be invaluable. This is the first time I have asked a question and I am hoping that someone here can help me.

I have very recently purchased a 2013 C350 CDI Sport AMG (facelift model) which is a brilliant car but unfortunately the Sound quality from the Audio20/COMAND NTG4.7 is nor great. There are huge amounts of bass and treble but very little mid-range. It is a far cry from the W203 and W219 CLS which I have owned, both of which had standard systems (not HK). There is no depth to the sound and at any kind of higher volume it becomes painful to listen to. This is irrespective of the source and fiddling with the bass /treble controls cannot compensate.

I think the output of the stock head is 25 watts per channel. I am looking to upgrade the front and rear speakers and I think I will need to install an amplifier. What I need to know is what kind of amp do I need? Do I need one which can auto sense the input power or does the Audio20/NTG4.7 stock unit have any kind of line out?

I really don't want to shell out on a amplifier and blow it. Alternatively has anyone out there just changed the speakers? if so what speakers did you use and did it make any difference?

Thanks, Surj.