Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Command question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 04:25 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004.5 C230 Kompressor
Command question

Someone on ebay is selling a command unit for $1K. They are advertising that it is completely plug n' play (no harness required or nothing.)

When I spoke to Steve K., he told me that I would require a factory harness (that he would supply) + the antenna that would go behind my dash cluster.

How difficult would the install be, and what would be required besides the command unit?
Old 04-20-2004, 06:18 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 ML-320 & C-320
First off, be careful .....

Some of the stuff on eBay you really need to be cautious about. If the seller is KMCONNECT please stay clear. He is clueless of what he is selling and he doesn't have them in his posession anyway. Make sure you get the part number. It should start with "A" then the next three digits should be your model, like 203 for a new "C". A 463 or a 209 will work also, but may need a gyro adapter. Nothing is plug and play for a COMAND retofit. It at least requires an adapter harness. Ask for the part number from the seller. If they can't give it to you then stay clear ....

I recently did a DIY COMAND install in my W203. I posted the info on my website at:
COMAND 2.0 retrofit

Whatever Steve tells you will be 100% correct!! Listen to him.

Paul