Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Anyone else think the COMAND system Sucks?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 09:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SLK320 E350 GLC300
Anyone else think the COMAND system Sucks?

System keeps rebooting
doesnt show song or artist info
Navigation will take you 75 miles out of the way, just to go to a gas station around the corner
WiFi doesn’t work (yes I pay for service)
Cannot make phone calls (if I reboot phone I can make calls)
I have to jump through hoops “deauthorize, authorize, etc.” the phone to get it to pair wth Bluetooth

MB states it’s the phone (iPhone x), but why would the Navigation grossly misguide me? Why is my system freezing and rebooting on its own? These don’t seem like phone issues.
My vehicle goes in for service Friday, FYI the dealership has been cooperating with me and the vehicles issues.

I should have mentioned, this is in reference to a 2017 GLC300
The following users liked this post:
S.W (05-09-2020)
Old 01-18-2018, 12:54 PM

Received 143 Likes on 118 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
I was recently tempted to allow the dealer to "update" my COMAND software to the current version, but decided against it due to complaints such as yours. My 2016 model is fairly stable; it has a few "quirks", but my phone (iPhone 6) has remained paired since the day I bought the car and has always been fully functional; my music library plays from a USB drive and COMAND always displays the track details and album art; and the system has yet to reboot itself. The navigation system has made one or two questionable decisions, but that's about the extent of it.

All of that said, BMW's iDrive system is still far superior.