Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sound Unavailable/System Unavailable Then System Shut Down

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 08:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CL55
Sound Unavailable/System Unavailable Then System Shut Down

I get 2 messages on my audio center screen saying Sound Unavailable then System Unavailable (not necessarily in this order just cant remember as I'm typing this) then the system shuts down. This started after water got into the cavity that house all the audio components. The only one I think that got wet was the Mercedes audio amp (not the bose one) as it is the lowest in the assembly. I bought a used one off Ebay and installed it but I am still getting the same error messages. I am getting light through the input line but it does not pass through. I'm not sure if it's supposed to or not. I have removed all but just the two amps necessary to run the audio system just to eliminate other possibilities. At this point I have no idea what to do next short of trying a replacement bose amp but it seems to be working as I am getting optical light from it (output side) when no optical cable is plugged in. It's at least turning on. Does anyone know how I can troubleshoot the system to verify where the problem is?
Old 02-16-2018, 10:29 PM

CL55
FIXED! Sort of.

Fuse 13 (I think) 20a was blown. I put a new fuse in and the system now works but the volume control does not work and the system does not turn off with the key. I have to manually shut if off with the power button on the audio unit.

Thoughts? is it possible that the Audio Gateway has an issue?
Old 02-17-2018, 01:31 AM

CL55
FIXED (for real this time)

I had the incorrect power connector attached to the Audio Gateway and I had the optical connector running to the Audio Gateway first in the loop as opposed to the Bose amp.

For those that follow me with this issue.....

The first fiber optic connection needs to go to the Bose amp and then to the Audio Gateway. Make sure you use the optical connector with the 4 pin that DOES NOT contain the large RED/YELLOW STRIPE wire for the Audio Gateway. I believe that one goes to the CD changer. I cannot confirm this because I have deleted mine but I have every other module installed and there is nowhere to connect it to in my setup.

Hopefully this helps someone down the line.
The following users liked this post:
Mr. Toad (02-19-2018)
Old 04-26-2019, 04:42 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I had a weird problem similar when doing my brakes. I unplugged the SBC and replugged it in and it was fine after that. I did my rear brakes and my front brakes about a week apart so that was something I had to do both times.
Old 08-03-2022, 10:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB C
Sorry to thread res, but I found this cheap D2B bypass loop on Amazon and just used to to remove my old CD changer to free up space. Maybe it will help somebody:
Amazon Amazon

The following users liked this post:
CaliBenzDriver (08-08-2022)