Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Electronic problem - steering column and driver's seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 W203 C270 CDI
Question Electronic problem - steering column and driver's seat

Hi all, I'm new here.

I live in South Africa and have a 2002 W203 C270 CDI Elegance. It has around 230k km on the clock.

There are a few niggles I need to sort out, but most important is the following:

I took the car for a wash today and when I collected the car the steering column and driver's seat would not move (convenience). I tried the controls and neither the seat nor the steering wheel will adjust at all, in any direction. I checked all the fuses in the trunk compartment as well as the little compartment in the dash and they seem fine.

Using the seat memory switch only adjusts the mirrors. The passenger seat is working fine.

Driving with the seat all the way back and the steering wheel all the way up is not what I call fun. If anyone has any advice, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-02-2020, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C-300 4Matic Sport
New and thank you

Just got my first merc. C class sedan 4Matic w204. Had the same issue as described. Unplugged the control box and plugged it back it. Worked like a charm. Ty all