Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Comand

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 E320
Comand

What is the diffrence between Comand with and w/o the TV Tuner. Will a DVD work w/o the tuner. Can the MB 6 dsk changer be used with Comand.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
Re: Comand

Originally posted by Ecivilized
What is the diffrence between Comand with and w/o the TV Tuner. Will a DVD work w/o the tuner. Can the MB 6 dsk changer be used with Comand.
The Comand and the TV Tuner are seperate parts.The USA Comand has a Blank Button for the TV option..The EURO Comand has a TV Button Both work great when programed for the TV Tuner
The Comand is in the dash and the TV Tuner is in another part of the car..trunk etc.You Must use the TV Tuner to add the DVD player
Yes The MB CD Changer can be used with the Comand

If You are looking for a comand contact Steve @MBENZ.nl
Old 05-18-2004, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon

1. Comand without a connection to TV Tuner is not connected to a TV Tuner.
2. DVD for Video can work without a TV Tuner if used with an AV adaptor from megacomm adapter or others.
3. DVD changer will work if connected through TV Tuner or AV adapter. CD changer will work with the right cable.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:40 PM

C230 Kompressor Coupe
Lenin, about Number 2 that you posted, my COMAND does not have a TV tuner, could u tell me in detail how i can make it work with a DVD player? will it play on the COMAND screen? if you don't know the deatils, do u know where i can get these details from? thanx.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
deathdealer
Contact Steve from MBenzNL. He used to have the adapters. It is the easiest thing to do since I see that you are not that big on using search. The TV tuner allows you to use controls on your wheel while adapter does not.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:32 PM

2002 C230 Kompressor
megacomm adapter

i use the megacomm adapter in my car to connect a DVD player. a couple of things though for it to work at all:

1) either a euro comand or a us comand with the blank button programmed to activate the TV feature
2) if connecting a DVD player it needs to output a PAL signal. such DVD players are available on eBay. make sure the player is REGION FREE to play your region 1 DVDs (assuming you live in north america).

the pins from this adapter (about $200-250 i believe - check www.megacomm.de or german ebay www.ebay.de) combine with the C2 connector on the back of the COMAND, requires an ignition-switched power source, and allows for standard RCA left/right audio + video connection.

the mb tuner on the other hand will accept an NTSC signal and allow you to connect 2 AUX devices (DVD player and PS2 for instance) in addition to pulling over-the-air broadcast TV. however, if you go this route the interlocks that prevent video while in motion would need to be disabled if your desire is to play a DVD while driving (for the entertainment of passengers, of course).
Old 06-01-2004, 05:25 PM

C230 Kompressor Coupe
Regarding Megacomm adaptor

Hey, I own a w203 coupe 2002. I read in one of your post you used a 'megacomm' adaptor to conect a dvd player to your command system. I own a US comand with a blank inactive tv-tuner button. Could you give me more information about this adaptor. It sounded very cheap and exactly what i was looking for. Thank you, Milad.

Trending Topics

Old 06-01-2004, 06:44 PM

2002 C230 Kompressor
Re: Regarding Megacomm adaptor

Originally posted by deathdealer
Hey, I own a w203 coupe 2002. I read in one of your post you used a 'megacomm' adaptor to conect a dvd player to your command system. I own a US comand with a blank inactive tv-tuner button. Could you give me more information about this adaptor. It sounded very cheap and exactly what i was looking for. Thank you, Milad.
check your PM
Old 06-02-2004, 12:28 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2003 SL
I'd like to get info on the megacom interface, and am interested if it needs the dealer to activate the tv button or not.

greg@elmassian.com works, no pm through the forum.

Thanks!

Greg
Old 06-02-2004, 02:02 AM

2002 C230 Kompressor
you would need to have the blank button programmed for TV via the star diagnostic software first. this requires a willing & knowledgable technician. i'm unsure whether the new version of the software will even allow it.

i've heard that there are companies in europe (including megacomm, i believe) that will do this service for you - but it requires taking out your COMAND, shipping it abroad and then getting it back who knows how long later. if you go this route ship via FedEx International Priority. it's reasonably priced and very quick. i've heard bad things about UPS's international services.

i can try to answer any questions specific to the adapter if you have... otherwise my only suggestion is to search the forum as it's likely that it's been covered...
Old 06-02-2004, 04:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally posted by davidasman
you would need to have the blank button programmed for TV via the star diagnostic software first. this requires a willing & knowledgable technician. i'm unsure whether the new version of the software will even allow it.

i've heard that there are companies in europe (including megacomm, i believe) that will do this service for you - but it requires taking out your COMAND, shipping it abroad and then getting it back who knows how long later. if you go this route ship via FedEx International Priority. it's reasonably priced and very quick. i've heard bad things about UPS's international services.
We've activated the TV button on US units with very recent Star Diagnosis software (03/04, the latest when I did it last month). I think this service can be provided in the US and have less customs hassles, shipping worries, etc.

I also have a few video adapters available, but haven't been pushing them due to they seem to be PAL-only (we had assurances from the vendor that they were supposed to be NTSC but it appears they are not). Given that caveat, if someone is interested, I will test them with a PAL DVD player and if everything is good I can release them.

-s-