Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Headrest Screen Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 01:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 428i M-Sport, '02 C32 AMG
Headrest Screen Help

hi,

since the W203 C-Class headrests are pretty puny, i heard it was better to switch in W210 E-class headrests if i wanted to get headrest screens, i.e. Savv OEM fitment ones. just to clarify, if i order these, it is a whole complete headrest presassmebled with the screen already in it, ready to go?

also, will the W220 S-class headrest screens fit? to me, the W210 headrests look a bit bulky. the only thing i am really worried about in the fitment is the bars connecting into the provided slots, i don't want to have to cut or move them at all. and, will i be able to use my power headrest-adjustment? how's the wiring, complicated?

finally, about how much will it cost for 2 headrests / screens completely installed, out the door, from Savv? thank you in advance!
Old 05-22-2004, 01:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Re: Headrest Screen Help

Originally posted by 99e36m3
hi,

since the W203 C-Class headrests are pretty puny, i heard it was better to switch in W210 E-class headrests if i wanted to get headrest screens, i.e. Savv OEM fitment ones. just to clarify, if i order these, it is a whole complete headrest presassmebled with the screen already in it, ready to go?

also, will the W220 S-class headrest screens fit? to me, the W210 headrests look a bit bulky. the only thing i am really worried about in the fitment is the bars connecting into the provided slots, i don't want to have to cut or move them at all. and, will i be able to use my power headrest-adjustment? how's the wiring, complicated?

finally, about how much will it cost for 2 headrests / screens completely installed, out the door, from Savv? thank you in advance!
1) SAVV headrests are complete ready to go. You should be clarifying this with your SAVV dealer though.

2) Don't know about W220 S-class headrest screens. They are actually quite sizable though. The W210 headrests should fit right in, you can measure the spacing easily. The adjustment will work because that is part of the headrest carrier which stays in the seat.

3) How much, well there are different versions, depending on the quality of the screen. If you can live with the non-TFT screen, they are quite a bit cheaper. Again, a question for your SAVV dealer because I don't know what deal you are going to get.

I've had them for nearly two years.

-s-
Old 05-22-2004, 02:20 AM

thanks man for the info.

i see you're located in the bay area. any place you can recommend to buy or install locally? thanks.

any inside comments you have on the different versions, as to which one is more worth it, or is how it is on paper pretty accurate? btw, if you don't mind me asking, what model do you have and how much did you pay? any regrets at all with your purchase? thanks again.

Last edited by 99e36m3; 05-22-2004 at 02:24 AM.
Old 05-22-2004, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally posted by 99e36m3
thanks man for the info.

i see you're located in the bay area. any place you can recommend to buy or install locally? thanks.

any inside comments you have on the different versions, as to which one is more worth it, or is how it is on paper pretty accurate? btw, if you don't mind me asking, what model do you have and how much did you pay? any regrets at all with your purchase? thanks again.
I bought them a couple years ago so I don't really remember the price; I would recommend NOT buying them from where I bought them, as I needed them right away for a show and they botched the order. Turns out the way the headrest posts fit in the holder is different for the M-class, but all the rest of the (German-made) cars are the same. Since mine were for a G-class, they ordered the ones for the M-class thinking they are both trucks... wrong! Plus, they didn't have any on display so I could see them first. Not much of a dealership. That place was Auto Sound & Security. I've also seen their video installs in henry47's C-class. They sure cut a lot of the OEM wiring harnesses... bad news.

For installation, you should probably do it yourself. Not too hard to take the seatback off, release the old headrest, drop the new one in, and run the wire down the seatback to whereever you are hooking them up.

When I bought them, there were only TFT models available. Having seen non-TFT screens, I would make sure you only get a TFT model ... but that's if that is important to you. I like a crisp, bright screen

Good luck!

-s-
Old 05-22-2004, 06:57 PM

thanks for the info!