Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

W210 Command retrofit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W210 E55 AMG
W210 Command retrofit

Hello,

I want to retrofit my nav system and switch from APS 30 to Command. I already have Command unit. Is there any walkthrough available to do this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Swimmer
Old 05-24-2004, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Re: W210 Command retrofit

Originally posted by Swimmer
Hello,

I want to retrofit my nav system and switch from APS 30 to Command. I already have Command unit. Is there any walkthrough available to do this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Swimmer
If you look around on the net (using search functions) you should find information on this.

However, since you already have APS 30, you will not need some steps (like removing the seat to run the wiring for speed pulse, or installing a GPS antenna). Your GPS antenna will need an adapter cable though as it is WICLIC instead of the HRS connector. There is an adapter cable made for the M-klasse which will do this.

Your biggest tasks will be replacing the single DIN cage for a double DIN cage, and locating the proper wood replacement.

Good luck!

-s-
Old 05-25-2004, 07:40 AM

W210 E55 AMG

Thanks
Old 05-31-2004, 10:00 AM

W210 E55 AMG
Re: Re: W210 Command retrofit

Originally posted by scorchie
If you look around on the net (using search functions) you should find information on this.

However, since you already have APS 30, you will not need some steps (like removing the seat to run the wiring for speed pulse, or installing a GPS antenna). Your GPS antenna will need an adapter cable though as it is WICLIC instead of the HRS connector. There is an adapter cable made for the M-klasse which will do this.

Your biggest tasks will be replacing the single DIN cage for a double DIN cage, and locating the proper wood replacement.

Good luck!

-s-
Thanks again. I have orederd double DIN frame, wood panel and WICLIC-HRS connector cable. Do I need anything else? More cables?

Thanks