Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Need Apple and Mercedes help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 08:42 AM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
E400
Need Apple and Mercedes help

My MB Command unit occasionally had no audio output. I took it to the service tech several times to no avail. They could not make it happen.
While discussing this with the tech, we realized that I did not leave my iPhone or iPod Touch in the car plugged in. So at home and on the road, I was able to see that the iPod was the culprit. When playing the iPod at shut down, and waiting an hour or so before starting the car, the audio did not come on. I occasionally get a message that command was searching the media sourcfe files.

Then I added in the iPhone. At first, command would shut down the iPod and automatically launch Apple CarPlay when I plugged in the iPhone. After one IOS update the iPhone shut down the entire command system. After the most recent IOS update, and I changed a setting in command to let me manually launch CarPlay, the iPod works when I connect the iPhone.

But, the iPod still shuts down the command audio at startup. I asked this question in the Apple forums and the Genius Bar w with no success. So, I am reaching out here. Thanks for any response.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:39 PM

E400
I will ask this question another way, and I would again ask for help.
I have a iPod Touch connected to my USB plugs in the arm rest. When I select the iPod in the media display, the voice search does not operate. The media selection also mutes upon startup.
Does anyone else have problems with an iPod and the command media function?
Thanks
Old 09-28-2018, 06:43 PM

E400
Would a device like icarsoft i980 help me asses what is occurring?
Old 09-29-2018, 03:53 AM

Received 67 Likes on 60 Posts
E250 AMG Sport Convertible
Seen several people report the same without resolution unfortunately.
Old 10-08-2018, 05:08 PM

E400
I have my car in service for the A Service. This time I left the iPod Touch in the car and reminded service advisor about thece sound periodically cutting out.
He has just reported that it happened to the the technician and then corrected when he restarted the car. It happened to fast for him to discover the cause. They are keeping the car for evaluation? I will continue to report.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:34 AM

E400
The dealership updated comand online and A105 Touch Pad?
The problem is worst than before.
The comand cannot search the iPod for albums, artist or playlist. There is no response to voice directions to comand about the iPod.

My iPhone is working fine so far when plugged into the smartphone usb connection.