Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Quirky Radio Performance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Quirky Radio Performance

OK, I know that MB electronics sometimes behave a little quirky... Today I started the car, screen lit up searching for signal (Satellite). However, the satellite station left on when the car was shut down hours ago is merrilly playing. I pressed Radio/FM, get the right screen & FM sound, then press Satellite button, get NO satellite reception & "searching for signal screen w/ no soft buttons. Restarting the car, shutting it down, getting out & praying all do nothing.

Now, I KNOW that the radio will fix itself, It has always done so...before the software update it might have taken a day to do so, but this time I thought..."Aha! The Mercedes fabulous Audio Gateway, that mysterious (to the consumer) path to happiness.

I made a stop to chat with a friend, shut down & locked the car & was inside for 20 minutes. Came back out, started the car, pressed the satellite button & the right screen & music came on!

MY question: What is the time period that the car must be shut down (& locked?) so that the next time the car is started it is reloading all the "software"? I have to assume the car is doing this, much like on a PC, if you run a program & exit it without shutting down the PC the program is still retained in RAM. That is why it launches so quickly if you re-launch the program. However, if you shut the computer down, everything is dumped & upon rebooting, the PC will re load all the "start-up" program spftware. I assume the car works this way too. How long is the sut down & restart waiting period till the bad load is no longer there?

If the car is not doing this, then how do you explain, the quirky electronics "fixing themselves"?