Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

2002 CL500 - Key replacement - Melbourne Australia (or DIY)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CL500
Question 2002 CL500 - Key replacement - Melbourne Australia (or DIY)

Howdy,

I just purchased a 2002 CL500, unfortunately the previous owner only had the card key (not the full fob) - so I need (want) to get a new / additional key for it.

I've done some quick reading and I see how people mostly say that keys can't be reprogrammed but I do have a very advanced low and high frequency RFID programmer - a Proxmark 3 which I've used to clone building access cards etc... (all legally / with permission).

I also have a couple of new complete keys for the CL500 that are the same as this: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VIRGIN-S...D/131708559422

I don't however - have a key to copy from, just the card (or so I believe, I pick up the car tomorrow).

Question time:
  • Has anyone successfully used an RFID programmer to clone or add keys / cards?
  • Can anyone recommend somewhere affordable in Melbourne Australia to get a key programmed, or even a new key?
  • Has anyone used / purchased new key fobs similar to the ebay link above and if so - is it easy for dealers to program them up even though I only have a card?