Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

GLA250 Screen goes out when iphone is connected

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E320
GLA250 Screen goes out when iphone is connected

Hi Everyone,

I have a 2018 GLA 250 and whenever I connect my iphone via USB cable, the display screen goes crazy and everything is swirled and blurred. It looks like someone punched the display and broke it. When you disconnect the iphone, it goes back to normal. I've connected iphones from other family members and it doesn't cause the issue. However, one of my friends phones did cause the same issue. I took the phone out of its case, tried swapping USB cables, and updated to the latest iOS release. Nothing seems to correct the issue.

Does anyone know if this is a known bug between the Mercedes OS and the iPhone iOS? Is this a setting on the phone causing problems? The issue just popped up out of nowhere a couple days ago and happens every time now.

Thanks

Old 02-02-2024, 02:11 AM

GLE-450
Center console USB for Carplay

It would be more convenient to be able to use the center console USB for Carplay.
Is there any way to do this?
Old 04-01-2024, 07:20 PM

C280
iPhone Scrambled Screen

Hello;
My iphone was doing the same thing. The dealer suggested I update the phone to the latest software IOS and shut the phone completely off. Then plug the phone back into the car-play using the USB cable and turn the phone back on. It seemed t work.