Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Bose system in C36

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2002, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'97 C36
Question Bose system in C36

Just picked up my 1997 C36, and the front speakers sound very poor. Does anyone know, in this car, are the front dash and door speakers done by Bose, or just the rear deck speakers? The deck speakers sound good, but the fronts are not bearable.

FYI on the MB Quart stuff, I have a component set of Quarts in my VW Corrado, the three-ways for european cars, and I've had more trouble with them than anything I've ever bought car-audio wise. Crossovers shorted out, caps in the x-over failed, the speaker connections shorting out at the speakers, all kinds of badness unfortunately.

I don't think I'd buy Quart's again...just my opinion

Tony
'92 VW Corrado
'97 C36
Old 05-03-2002, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GL450, Sienna SE
Hmm my stock C36 speakers sounded great. I loved them. I just added a 2 10" Orions, Orion HCCA amp, Cap and crossover and it was very nice. It weird that you dont like it. Maybe they are blown.

Also, what type of MB Quart are you running. What series. I love mine and most of my friends run Quart. Just dont ever buy the lower end ones. They suck.
Old 05-05-2002, 01:05 PM

e320 my2001
If you have the Bose sound system, ALL your speakers are from Bose.
Old 05-30-2002, 04:11 AM

'97 C36
Found the problem...

Interesting thing - the tweeters in the dash are the only speakers in the system that are not Bose - and they're the ones that are blown!

Too bad, the folks are Bose were awesome and told me that they'd replace anything, speakers, or amps, that were defective.

Had anyone ever upgraded the tweeters before? The stock ones are pretty small, but they're just 4 ohm drivers that could be swapped out pretty easily...

Tony
'97 Mercedes C36
'92 VW Corrado VR6
Old 06-04-2002, 04:09 PM

1996 C36
Hey! I've got a C36 with the Bose system and I've been really disappointed with the sound quality too. None of the speakers are blown, but - typical for a Bose system - the bass is sloppy and the system lacks any true crispness.

As a sidenote, achristina, I'm another guy who drive a C36 and has (or had, at least) a Corrado. Good taste, man! =D