Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Installing the BOSE system on a non-Bose standard W203 (C Klasse)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 09:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S203 200 Kompressor 163 HP
Question Installing the BOSE system on a non-Bose standard W203 (C Klasse)

Hello everybody. I have a classic Mercedesc C200 Kompressor from 2002. The car came with the standard cd-player which I took down on the spot and replace it with the Pioneer DEH X5900BT. I love that unit and it will stay on the car.
On the car prior I had, the sound system was quite good. However mounting the 2 amps, the huge Focal sub on the Mercedes doesn't attract me anymore.
Is winter, there are tons of hours to working inserting all that cables, I loose space in the back and so on.
Long story short. I've seen on the internet the original BOSE system that the car had as an option.
I was wondering if is easy to fit on a non-Bose car. As far I've seen there are 4 speakers and a small sub for the trunk with an amp. So is not a great what.
The question is though, I have all the cables?
Many times the car producers are putting in there all the cables, and if you opt for an option then they just fit some connectors.
I will give you an example. My Mitsubishi Colt didn't came with fog lights, yet I had the cables. Just changing the button in the dash and fitting the fog lights would have done the job.
So my question is, did anybody tried this before? Do I have the cables on the standard Elegance variant?
Thanks.