Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

W211 E Class Harman Kardon Aux To Lightning Cable Conversion?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 W211 E500
W211 E Class Harman Kardon Aux To Lightning Cable Conversion?

Cant seem to find anything on this subject. I have an iPhone and use it for just about everything in my W211 E55 (Nav, Music etc.). I find myself getting in the car, plugging into the 3.5mm Aux (I do not have the USB port) and just using the phone from there on. I really never touch the radio unless using the volume knob. I have the phone mounted right in front of the radio.

I have the HK system with fiber optic sound which is fine for my driving. The rest of the radio functions are pretty much obsolete and again, I use my iPhone for everything else. I have seen multiple lightening cable conversions ranging from $25 to $500.

All that I want to do is get in the car, dock my phone and plug in the lightning cable. I will do everything through the phone from there. Has anybody come up with a way to convert the AUX to lightning cable on the Harman Kardon system that works? I have seen many contraptions from China but am not sure if they work with the HK headunit? I am not concerned with steering wheel controls. Just the lightning cable to plug in, charge my phone and play music.

Thanks!
Old 01-06-2019, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 W211 E500
I guess I can use the standard 3.5mm to lightening adapter. Does anybody know of anything better to charge the phone? I do not mind eliminating my cd changer. I want to keep the cost as low as possible.