Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Additional digital speedo only shows MPH (not in UK)?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 43
Additional digital speedo only shows MPH (not in UK)?

Got a new GLC 43. I'd like to activate the additional digital speedometer (the tiny display at the top right of the digital display, under the parking sensors lights). However, when I go into vehicle settings> instrument cluster, it only appears as "digital speedometer [MPH]". Only OK to activate/deactivate, no option to switch to KPH.
This is a vehicle bought in Germany so I don't get it… Everything else is in metric/KPH on the dashboard and the GPS.

Even the manual shows the KPH option in the menu name.
Thoughts?

United Kingdom: this function is unavailable. The additional speedometer is always switched on.If the additional speedometer is switched on, the speed is shown in the status bar of the multifunction display instead of the outside temperature.The speed display is inverse to your speedometer.📷 Press 📷 on the steering wheel to open the menu list.📷 Press 📷 or 📷 on the steering wheel to select the Settings menu.📷 Confirm by pressing 📷 on the steering wheel.📷 Press 📷 or 📷 to select the Instrument cluster submenu.📷 Press 📷 to confirm.📷 Press 📷 or 📷 to select the Digital speedo [km/h] function.
The current selection appears.
📷 To activate/deactivate: press 📷 again.
Old 02-18-2020, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 e300
My 1st post wohoo! So in the US no matter what measurement option you select ( MPH / KPH) the addition speedometer does not change or reflect the choice. It stays at whatever the opposite of your main speedometer is, that is in the US, no mater what you select in, the additional speedometer is ALWAYS in KPH. If you are in a country where your default speedometer is in KPH, your additional speedometer will only display MPH. I suppose its one and only use is if you happen to be in a country that has the opposite of your default and you still want everything native but want to align the speedometer with the local laws.
Old 03-06-2020, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2004 SL55, 2015 A250d, 2016 GLC250d
Its a UK spec car, so follows MB interpretation of UK law. It can probably be enabled using a factory tool called Vediamo. Talk to the people at www.comand.co.uk if you are in UK - they are in Lightwater, Surrey.
R