Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Comand Playlist errors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 08:45 AM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
E400
Comand Playlist errors

I have created playlist on a USB flash drive using iTunes and M3Unify from dougscripts.com.
I have what I believe is the latest version of MB Comand software. When I play a playlist in the car from the USB, two things happen.

1. Song(s) are missing from the playlist. I know the list has 21 songs and the Comand screen says 12 songs? and or
2. Comand plays the wrong song, correct name but wrong artist or album?

I have checked the playlist on my computer and they are ok.
Any thoughts or suggestions welcomed.

Last edited by Cambridgehank; 03-25-2019 at 08:07 PM.
Old 03-29-2019, 08:05 AM

E400
I think, I found the problem with my playlist. I created a list with 11 songs and when I tried to play it in the car, only 10 showed. The one missing was théme de yoyo. I changed the théme to theme and the system now finds the song. In talking with my service advisor it seems that the comand system does not include the accented e in its font(s).
Old 03-29-2019, 08:55 AM

Received 143 Likes on 118 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
That's odd, because I have Blue Öyster Cult songs in my library with the symbol over the "O" and COMAND seems to have no problem reading/displaying it.
Old 03-29-2019, 11:18 AM

E400
I am hoping the next update will eliminate this problem for me. What version are you using?
Old 04-01-2019, 10:00 AM

Received 143 Likes on 118 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
Originally Posted by Cambridgehank
I am hoping the next update will eliminate this problem for me. What version are you using?
I'm not sure (can't think how to get it to display the information), but I'm pretty sure it was updated by the dealer about a year ago because it was having trouble reading some address information from my phone contacts. Oddly, the update did not fix that problem.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:20 AM

E400
Question

Originally Posted by Cambridgehank
I have created playlist on a USB flash drive using iTunes and M3Unify from dougscripts.com.
I have what I believe is the latest version of MB Comand software. When I play a playlist in the car from the USB, two things happen.

1. Song(s) are missing from the playlist. I know the list has 21 songs and the Comand screen says 12 songs? and or
2. Comand plays the wrong song, correct name but wrong artist or album?
yon
I have checked the playlist on my computer and they are ok.
Any thoughts or suggestions welcomed.
I have figured out number one, the comand system does not recognize some letters.
But, number two is still occurring. Comand inserts the wrong song, correct name, but wrong song. I have told my service rep, but not sure it has gone beyond him. Any suggestions on how to ask MBUSA about this? Do they monitor MBWorld?