Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

SRS Malfunction Message Even before the key is inserted..WHAT! and No Start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 ML500
Question SRS Malfunction Message Even before the key is inserted..WHAT! and No Start

Hello fellow seekers. I am trying to help a customer that doesn't have a lot of money and has used what he did have on some frauds. I was asked to reset an SRS code that I was under the impression was all that needed to be done. Was under the impression that when the mechanic removed the back seat to fix tranny problem something got disconnected and re-connected. When arrived my scan tool wouldn't even read more than the VIN. He did put in a new battery as was suggested but whoever said that stoped there took the $ and left. I pushed some power using a power probe to the aux battery and got into the OBDII. I check the pre fuse by the battery and all was good. I then checked the ignition circuit A and B both were active. Key is original and remote works. I then did a red-neck fix and used some wire I had and connected the aux leads to the main battery (I know I know) went back into the ignition and got the car to start. Check A/C and other elec. seemed to work. Shut the car off and restarted to be sure then cleared the SRS and then shut it off. NOW THE ISSUE I CANNOT FIGURE. Now the same issue NO START! Can read all systems tried to re-create the solution and now nothing. I tried Elite Electronice (LKQ Co.) and they won't go to a residence. I'm at a loss and don't want to throw parts at it. The car was working fine until tranny was repaired. So I'm of the old school if it wasn't a prob before an unrelated problem then it's usually something simple I just can't find it.
ATTACHMENT HAS ALL DTC before and after clearing codes.
Attached Files