Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Trying to find optics cable for cd-changer..Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 03:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 CLK320, 2003 E320
Unhappy Trying to find optics cable for cd-changer..Help!

I've heard installation for a changer should take like 5mins.. I've tried looking and just can't seem to locate the fiber optics cable for the changer. Only thing I can see that could be it..is located in the middle area which may require an extension cable to reach the right corner.. I've circled in red... Is this it???or is it hidden behind the right covers... any help is appreciated...

Thanks in advance!!
Old 05-02-2002, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK320
CD changer FO cable location:

it should be taped to the passenger side trunk wall (at least mine was on my 2001)

you'll have to pull the trunk lining material away from the body and you'll find another FO cable with the green connector like you found near the relay & fuse boxes just behind the rear seat backs. Mine was taped to the body with sticky black tape.

the power connector (small black plug w/ 3 wires) in my case was bundled near the area you have highlighted in you picture. I had to carefully (wires are thin) unwind it and thread it over to the area where I needed it to be.

I think the one you found is for the cell phone - unless someone got lazy and didn't thread the FO cable all the way around like it should have been...

the CD changer cable is long and there was plenty of length with my install.

Good luck!
Old 05-08-2002, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2004 SL55, 2015 A250d, 2016 GLC250d
The connector you see is a fibre optic D2B connector, so you're looking for something similar/same as that.

I dunno what is meant to plug into that D2B fibre connector, presumably Teleaid - Im in Europe, and we dont have the pre-installed D2B stuff on our cars.

The cables [D2B fibre optic, and the 3 pin power lead) come from the front of the car in a wiring duct just behind the boot trim on the right hand side of your picture.