Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Warning: Dont buy Android screens from MEKEDE Franchise Store

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2020, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C220 W204 2011-2013
Exclamation Warning: Dont buy Android screens from MEKEDE Franchised Store

Be carefull if you buy an android screen from AliExpress - especially from MEKEDE Franchised Store!!!

Unfortunately I bought an Android 12.5 inch screen from MEKEDE Franchised Store on AliExpress. The delivery took two months, and the screen was dead on delivery.
Seller refused to beleive that the screen was dead, so after 10 days of arguing and making videos of installation, I had to go through AliExpress dispute system. After a long time I "won" the dispute should have full refund on 600$.
I returned the device. Delivery of screen to seller is confirmed. Now seller has escalated the dispute, he will only refund 300$ as the screen is cracked.
He uploads a picture of the device with a cracked screen, probably made by himself.

I learned a lesson, from now I will only buy cheap stuff on AliExpress. But remember, dont buy from "MEKEDE Franchised Store" !!!

If you want more details about this case and the dispute process, feel free to drop me a message.

Last edited by remo66; 05-15-2020 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Minor spelling error
Old 07-06-2020, 12:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 ML350 Base
I agree with remo66. I bought from MEKEDE as well and the unit has a digitizer screen separating from the frame. ONe of the two USB's dont work and the Temp displays in C and not in F no matter how many times I change it within the system temp. Mekede answer was to buy 3M glue and to talk to an Engineer about the temp issues. They tried blaming it on me. Their warranty is just for you to buy the sccreen. They have no intention on honoring it. AliExpress got involved and was able to get me US 106.00 refunded. I think all Chinese outfits work on the same premise. After you buy the unit, you are on your own.

I have the unit working now, minus the temp settings. But what an ordeal it has been.
Old 07-07-2020, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 131 Likes on 100 Posts
2018 GLE350, 2014 G550, 2000 SL500, 1980 TR8, 1995 E320 Cabriolet
Unless you are a professional importer, never buy anything of value from AliExpress - you will loose ever time.