Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

(W204) Need vendor selling quality unlocked NTG4 unit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 02:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1987 190E 2.3-16V; 2011 C300 M/T
(W204) Need vendor selling quality unlocked NTG4 unit

Folks,
As the title says I'm in need of a replacement NTG4 COMAND unit. Currently, my audio doesn't work if the unit is booted with an interior ambient temperature above 80F (which is either a warm day left in the sun or after its been running for a while). I took it to the stealership and they took about 30 minutes to tell me I needed a new COMAND unit - $4,900 ($200 later, thanks for nothing). I started a separate thread on this issue some time ago, but I'm fed up and ready to go the replacement route, just not at that price.

I see there is a vendor on eBay selling the whole system with the monitor for over $1,200, but I really don't need the monitor. Not only does my existing monitor work fine, but I'm considering upgrading it to the CKM android 10.25" screen down the road to gain access to Carplay and Bluetooth audio.

Just so I'm being clear about my system, this is an NTG4 (Navigation and Bluetooth calling) with the flip-out 7" monitor.