Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Looking for my COMAND HU Serial Number

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2020, 03:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 GL450
Looking for my COMAND HU Serial Number

Hi,
My Mercedes Apps, Internet Radio, and other COMAND features that require a Data Connection don't work. (My Mercedes Me mobile app works fine for locking doors, etc). I've been back and forth with MBrace, they told me to take it to the dealership. I gave the dealership a list of 6 issues, they looked at it for two days and told me they need it back for another week. So far, I've been able to resolve 2 of the issues myself thanks to this forum, and learn enough about a couple other issues to be able to ask the dealership to look at very specific things. One of the things I learned was that the VIN and COMAND serial number are both checked when a data connection is requested, so a possible cause for the apps that require internet access not working is if the COMAND serial number wasn't registered correctly when MBrace was initialized. Sorry for the long background to the question I'm asking.... I'd like the dealership to confirm that the serial number in the VeDoc is correct, but to save my life, I can't figure out what the serial number is. Here are photos of the only area I could find HW information in the engineering menu - I only saw serial numbers , and of the actual stickers on the head unit. Can anyone tell me which is the serial number?