Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Am I the only one prefer COMAND over MBUX?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2020, 12:09 PM

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
W212, R171
Am I the only one prefer COMAND over MBUX?

I was given a loaner every time I went to my dealer for service, the car we had last year has the last generation of COMAND and the one we get this year has MBUX,
and I find myself liking the COMAND much much more, especially the media screen, in COMAND you can have both the map and media on the same screen, that is so useful,

the album art is bigger in COMAND, and turning the dial to fast forward is so much easier than swiping on MBUX,
am I crazy ?
Old 04-07-2021, 08:33 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 GLC 300 W4 & 2018 C43 AMG W4
No. Rumor has it MBUX Sux. I have 2017 Comand and am getting fairly comfortable with it, but for one niggle. (Only been 3 weeks) My avatar, Nero, tells me Rome wasn't built in a day.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,979 Likes on 2,653 Posts
2019 C63CS
Nope, you are not the only one. I have COMAND 5.5 in my 2019 C63S coupe and after having had several loaners with MBUX I'm not impressed. The latest COMAND uses the same online platform and app, so MBUX doesn't really have anything of consequence that the latest COMAND doesn't have. The screen is mounted too far forward for touch and navigating the UI with the physical controls is a ton of swiping. Not to mention the awful CarPlay integration. It's fullscreen with COMAND, but not in MBUX. Looks horrible. It's also quite buggy from what I heard.

The following users liked this post:
CaliBenzDriver (03-07-2022)