Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

dash cam install s205

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2021, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c class s205
dash cam install s205

Hi All
I am installing a dash cam into my c220 s205 2017 but have conflicting views to the location of fuse boxes . I have located one in the passenger footwell and was under the impression there was one located on the drivers side , side of dashboard (RH drive vehicle) also one in the boot space . All the images I can find illustrate removal of the dashboard compartment but without undue stress this cover will not release and am unsure now if this location is correct , maybe someone can shed some light on this for me please .
I would also be keen to know which fuse to piggy back off to enable the dash cam to turn off when ignition is turned off .
I have asked this question on some online social media sites but unfortunately the question leads to some quite stupid replies .
Old 03-08-2021, 05:16 PM

Received 108 Likes on 71 Posts
2016 AMG GTS
Originally Posted by jon big
Hi All
I am installing a dash cam into my c220 s205 2017 but have conflicting views to the location of fuse boxes . I have located one in the passenger footwell and was under the impression there was one located on the drivers side , side of dashboard (RH drive vehicle) also one in the boot space . All the images I can find illustrate removal of the dashboard compartment but without undue stress this cover will not release and am unsure now if this location is correct , maybe someone can shed some light on this for me please .
I would also be keen to know which fuse to piggy back off to enable the dash cam to turn off when ignition is turned off .
I have asked this question on some online social media sites but unfortunately the question leads to some quite stupid replies .
I don't know your particular car, but in the past I have tapped of the rear view mirror. I've seen it used for a camera and for radar detector, I've used them for both. It doesn't help if you want a battery system to have the camera running once the car has shutoff.

Mirror tap amazon link Mirror tap amazon link

In other cars when I had a battery so the camera can run when the car is off for a few hours under a separate battery, If run it off the cigarette lighter fuse using a "add a fuse" adapter like these ,you can get them at your local auto parts store too.

add a fuse amazon link add a fuse amazon link

looking at the fuse diagram in the drives compartment for your car, it looks like you could borrow from either fuse 202 - alarm or fuse 446 in the trunk (cigarette lighter)

Fuse box locations

Last edited by realien; 03-08-2021 at 05:21 PM.