Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Mercedes Me Application, No longer operational!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 03:33 PM

Received 64 Likes on 37 Posts
E300-4matic
Mercedes Me Application, No longer operational!

A few days ago my 2019 E Class reached its 3 year anniversary and guessswhat, the Mercedes Me app on my smartphone stopped working which came as no surprise as you only get it for free for 3 years. I went on the Mercedes-Benz website to try to renew the subscription and guess what, the entire Mercedes Me application on all smartphones doesn’t work anymore! Prior to the Mercedes Me application they used an app called Mercedes Mbrace for all Mercedes from 2010 thru 2018. In any event the jackasses at ATT which handles these Mercedes software programs tried to combine both the old Mbrace with the newer Mercedes Me app and wound up taking down both systems on all smartphones. I have been buying Mercedes Benz cars for over 30 years and this is the last straw for me. Mercedes has been playing with the programs in all their cars for years and they always windup screwing things up and making matters worse. For me I’m done paying between $70k and $110k for cars that either don’t work or have substandard performance.
Not to mention the FACT that the service costs are insane! IE; a service A which is nothing more than an oil change is about $225.
I’ll take a look at Audi’s and BMW’s. If your smartphone all of a sudden stops working with your Mercedes Me app now you know why.
The following users liked this post:
Mr. Toad (09-10-2021)
Old 09-09-2021, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,733 Likes on 2,495 Posts
2019 C63CS
Working fine here with my 2019 C63. I still have a little more than a year left on the initial three years of service. Your assessment that AT&T somehow managed to take down the system isn't correct. It's all working fine as long as the subscription is active, but the US store to renew the subscription hasn't been rolled out yet. Your 2019 must be a very early build.
Old 09-09-2021, 03:47 PM

Received 64 Likes on 37 Posts
E300-4matic
Originally Posted by superswiss
Working fine here with my 2019 C63. I still have a little more than a year left on the initial three years of service. Your assessment that AT&T somehow managed to take down the system isn't correct. It's all working fine as long as the subscription is active, but the US store to renew the subscription hasn't been rolled out yet. Your 2019 must be a very early build.
What country are you in? And the fact that one cannot renew the Mercedes Me app by default tells you everything isn’t fine. The build date of my car is irrelevant, if your lucky the app maybe up and working by the time yours expires. There are over 125 million lines of Linux code in the average Mercedes-Benz car,
if you were in IT you’d know MB has a lot of trouble on its hands.
Old 09-09-2021, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,733 Likes on 2,495 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by 1guitar
What country are you in? And the fact that one cannot renew the Mercedes Me app by default tells you everything isn’t fine. The build date of my car is irrelevant, if your lucky the app maybe up and working by the time yours expires. There are over 125 million lines of Linux code in the average Mercedes-Benz car,
if you were in IT you’d know MB has a lot of trouble on its hands.
My location is in my profile. I'm in the USA like you. You can't renew through the app at the moment, but that doesn't mean you can't renew by calling Mercedes me connect I would think. AT&T doesn't handle this. MB is in fact switching to T-Mobile and I am in IT. I'm a software developer and own my own consulting company. Admittedly, the Mercedes me connect services have been under re-development since they came out. The original team did a poor job, but they are catching up. The app is all-new as of last year and the services are being re-developed and those that have been rolled out are way more stable than they were originally. There are some outages here and there. Live traffic was down earlier this year for me for a few weeks, but after contacting their support the issue got resolved and everything has been working fine since then. FWIW, below is a response I got in June from them when inquiring about the status of everything. It's not perfect, but it all works quite well. Also, it's not like this stuff makes the car undrivable. If it's down for a bit so what? I just used Google Maps over CarPlay to get traffic until the issue was resolved. The moment I fire up that V8 it's all forgotten, as much as I like gadgets and tech. The pandemic has definitely delayed some of their plans, as it is affecting pretty much everything. Can barely get a car in the first place now due to all the shortages.

I'm sorry to hear about the rift that you are experiencing regarding the Mercedes Me Connect Services. The US Version of the Mercedes Me Connect Store has just launched a few days ago, and so much of the Software is undergoing updates and changes. The services are currently (quite honestly) in a state of upheaval. You should notice within a short period of time, that the services are all in balance and present. There are quite a few changes happening in the US Mercedes Me Connect Market, which are not necessarily dictated by any US Time Zone.

I greatly appreciate your patience as well as your understanding in this matter; you seem to understand the bigger picture at play.
Old 09-10-2021, 07:25 AM

Received 143 Likes on 118 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
The app has been crap since day one. When my comp service expired, they pelted me with notifications to renew it. I called and explained that the app had been either partially or completely dysfunctional for almost the entire time I'd owned the car to date, and I requested an extension of my comp service in hopes of actually experiencing what the app purported to offer. They declined, so I declined to pay for it.