Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

HELP Satellite radio antenna options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP Satellite radio antenna options?

I just purchased a 05 S430....and there is no way in hell I'm getteng Sirius with the black mouse antenna mounted to the middle of the trunk. I've read of other people installing the antenna elsewhere...and seen a lot of posts mentioning "t-bones install". Somehow I haven't been able to find the post ...anyone have a solution for mounting the antenna on an S Class? or link to the "t-bones install".
THANKS
Old 09-16-2004, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whichever one is available (1 of 5)
I just had my SAT radio and antenna installed today. The installer uses XMicro Satellite Radio Antenna by TERK. This antenna is very small almost flat 1 1/2" by 1 1/2" (looks like a piece of chocolat bar). The installer installed this antenna on top of the roof by the rear windshield in front of the existing MB antenna. He then routed the antenna wires underneath the windshield molding, then into the trunk. This antenna is so small that you cannot even see it. The web address for TERK is www.terk.com.