Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Where to source wire connectors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2021, 06:46 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
2012 GL350, 2014 GLK250
Where to source wire connectors

Hi guys, I am hoping to retrofit some multicontour seats to my vehicle. I think I have traced the connections that are needed. As I need to add a new component - a vacuum pump - I need to run some wires and have them terminate at the pump with proper connector.
Is there some way to get blank connectors and the conductors/pins for them? It would really suck to buy and rerun a whole harness for one connector.

Any guidance is appreciated!
Old 07-24-2022, 04:51 PM

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Mercedes 2014 E350 Estate (S212)
Originally Posted by Misha_
Hi guys, I am hoping to retrofit some multicontour seats to my vehicle. I think I have traced the connections that are needed. As I need to add a new component - a vacuum pump - I need to run some wires and have them terminate at the pump with proper connector.
Is there some way to get blank connectors and the conductors/pins for them? It would really suck to buy and rerun a whole harness for one connector.

Any guidance is appreciated!
yes, you can look up connectors and pins in EPC. Likely they are MQS tyco connectors but there are different versions of them - they are the same or very similar to volkswagen microtimer or microtimer II..
Old 07-26-2022, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 993 Likes on 760 Posts
G550
If you need connectors that mate with existing connectors, you need manufacturer and part number info. Then try an online electronic parts distributor such as Arrow, Newark or Digikey. But it might be simpler to buy some general purpose connectors at an auto parts store and replace both sides of the connection.