Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Help! I need info on CD changer installation....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2002, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 Lexus GS300 RWD, '07 Camry SE V6 auto, '91 190E 2.6 auto
Help! I need info on CD changer installation....

I've read most of the threads I can find on this subject, and the page at http://www.stormpages.com/arialis/mb/changer/index.html (which is way too brief and relies on cyprtic language like "locks" - wtf is a "lock" in the context of removing the center console?!), but I still have lots of questions! Can someone take me through a step by step procedure for the install? I'm putting mine in a '02 C240. I have read so many different opinions that I'm totally confused. Some say the optic cable is in there (the installers at the place I bought it from [on the web] say it is) while others say I must buy it. I've read where some people do it in 15 minutes where others say it will take several hours. On the chance that the cable was in the area somewhere around where the glovebox is mounted, I started to remove the glovebox. Well, I got it 90% loose but found that it is somehow connected to the trim piece on the left side of the door. Rather than destroy parts of my brand new $33K car, I reassembled the glovebox and decided descretion was the beter part of valor. Please help! I'm fairly good at doing these sort of things, but I need more specific instructions.