Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Center Console wire To Cupholder Area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2022, 08:10 AM
jlr

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Center Console wire To Cupholder Area

My 20019 S Coupe has the USB media interface wire in the center console. I want it to connect to my Iphone and leave the phone in the cupholder. I really do not like crushing the cable that comes out of the center console nor do I want to use a flat cable. The whole exposed wire is silly on a car like this. Is there a way to route the wire from the center console to the cupholder area so that the phone end is in or near the cupholder and the usb end is in the center console so no wire is exposed? I have found the wireless dongles to be worthless.
Old 01-17-2022, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 929 Likes on 711 Posts
G550
Have you considered a cupholder phone cradle with wireless charger? This might allow the cable to be tucked away.
Amazon Amazon
Old 01-17-2022, 11:09 AM
jlr

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Not really what I am looking for. It appears as if there is only one media interface USB in my car and it is locating in the center console. My phone needs to be attached by wire to that USB. But, I really dislike seeing the wire from there going across the area near the command dial before going into the ash tray area. And, I do not want to shave to open my center console just to plug into that USB port. I am sure that someone must have figured out a a way to snake the wire to the ash tray area or convert the cigarette lighter in the ash tray area to another media interface USB port.