Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Plz plz plz HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 02:24 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plz plz plz HELP!!!!

Ok... this is like my 2nd thread regarding my vss wire... This is whats going on.. I got the Avn2454 screen installed in my car looks Great ... But my installer Can not find the VSS wire... I LOOK EVERY WHERE.. EVERY WHERE....So i had to call alpine tech support and they told me that i have to buy a CAN BUS adaptor the part number from MB is Q-6-54-0011. Pretty much what this part does is supposly adapts on to a certain wire and converts it to become a vss signal. I do not want to buy this adapter for a 100 bucks and this adapter might not even work... So my question agian to you guys is that when you installed your Navigation, (Except the avicn1 which does not need a vss wire)... do you guys/ gals have any problems at all plz help me out thank you ( = I have a C230k 04...

Here are some pics ....https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/82161-my-new-toy.html

Last edited by JC C230K; 09-27-2004 at 02:32 AM.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:32 PM

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation

Your car DOES NOT HAVE a vss wire. It sends all that information over the CAN bus.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 E320
But doesn't the CAN bus need to get a VSS signal from somewhere (i.e. some sort of pulse from the transmission)?
Old 09-28-2004, 11:02 AM

2003 Brilliant Silver C230 Sedan
Originally Posted by JC C230K
Ok... this is like my 2nd thread regarding my vss wire... This is whats going on.. I got the Avn2454 screen installed in my car looks Great ... But my installer Can not find the VSS wire... I LOOK EVERY WHERE.. EVERY WHERE....So i had to call alpine tech support and they told me that i have to buy a CAN BUS adaptor the part number from MB is Q-6-54-0011. Pretty much what this part does is supposly adapts on to a certain wire and converts it to become a vss signal. I do not want to buy this adapter for a 100 bucks and this adapter might not even work... So my question agian to you guys is that when you installed your Navigation, (Except the avicn1 which does not need a vss wire)... do you guys/ gals have any problems at all plz help me out thank you ( = I have a C230k 04...

Here are some pics ....https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=82161
...yea i've written a few posts regarding this issue cuz i was told the same thing about the install of the avn2454... and now you've officially confirmed it. my only suggestion to you is to call and speak to Erick from car audio craftsmen.... he has personally installed the avn2454 on the W203 and knows exactly how to fix/modify the speed sensor. www.caraudiocraftsmen.com or @ 626.964.9404.

If you are willing to drive, the shop is in Walnut.

Erick, is the owner and both he and his wife drives Mercedes. they are rated as 1 of the top 10 installers in the United states.

Good luck JC C230K!!
Old 09-28-2004, 01:36 PM
Almost a Member!

So... Jw c230k are you saying that i will not have to buy that part from MB ... there is a way to by pass it? i thought u return your eclipse screen?
Old 09-28-2004, 02:18 PM

2003 Brilliant Silver C230 Sedan
Originally Posted by JC C230K
So... Jw c230k are you saying that i will not have to buy that part from MB ... there is a way to by pass it? i thought u return your eclipse screen?
well i don't know the details of what's neeed.... i just spoke to erick over the phone and he said the speed sensor conversion had to be done for the eclipse and that he could do it for $250. i'm not savy on the parts needed and what work actually needs to be, but i'm sure if you gave him a call he'd let you know. i never got around to buying the eclipse, i actually bought and returned the avic-n1.....but as it turns out i'm getting the euro comand installed this afternoon by Steve! good luck with the eclipse!
Old 09-29-2004, 01:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Umm, there is a speed pulse connection on the W203, without using a CANBUS convertor (figure1a is correct in that the speed pulse is required by the car before this information can be placed on CANBUS). Why spend money to get parts that you don't need?

The reason you may have had posted three times without a response is because this has been discussed here in the forums... my suggestion is to do some thorough searching and you should be able to find the answer! If you don't want to do a little work and search for it, then you can spend the money to have it done instead... I'm cheap, so I would rather search for the answer.

-s-