Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Best Hard Drive Player for MB?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2004 | 01:58 PM
Almost a Member!

Best Hard Drive Player for MB?

What is the best hard drive player for the MB (particularly c55)? such as the music keg or something like that where it is an easy install and you can control the songs from the stock nav head unit and controls. i think the keg lets you take out your cd changer and put that in but it only works with kenwood head units i think. anyone know of similar items that elt oyu store lots of music in it and also control it with the head unit and steering controls? thanks alot.
Old 10-01-2004 | 03:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i535
I'd like to know too. As I know ICE LINK doesn't have MB integration yet.
Old 10-11-2004 | 10:18 PM

Brabus C-Coupe
Alpine makes one.

ALpine makes one. Alpine HDA-5460. and if you have AUX-Input. it will work with your HU. or you can use it as main HU.

Originally Posted by Jedi Esq
What is the best hard drive player for the MB (particularly c55)? such as the music keg or something like that where it is an easy install and you can control the songs from the stock nav head unit and controls. i think the keg lets you take out your cd changer and put that in but it only works with kenwood head units i think. anyone know of similar items that elt oyu store lots of music in it and also control it with the head unit and steering controls? thanks alot.
Old 10-13-2004 | 07:09 PM

2000 E320
I think the best "hard drive option" is an iPod and an Alpine deck. In addition to having a huge song collection for the car, you can use the iPod for yourself when you're not in the car. Here's how it looks:

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w210/84369-alpine-navigation-ipod-controller-installed.html

I got my iPod at nine-volt.com. They always have a huge/good selection of iPods. Got my 20GB iPod for $225 from them. Link to their site: http://www.nine-volt.com/music.html