Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Video Audio Upgrade for Mercedes with MultiMediaPort

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2022, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL 450
Video Audio Upgrade for Mercedes with MultiMediaPort

Want to share with you the upgrade for my GL450 2014. I found the European cable set with different cables, and realized that MediaPort has capability to share the video.
The only issue is, that it has to be analog video/audio, and specific pins in the port that have to be activated. So I did my research and asked my dad who is an engineer to upgrade MB cable so I will be able to use it. After several months of fails we found the way to force head unit to mirror and cast the video/audio from my Iphone.

I also upgraded my head unit with for Video in Motion by https://www.bimmerguru.com/benz . But if you have monitors in the back, and you dont want to use the headunit while driving, you dont need it.
So for with Iphone screen mirroring(Iphone screen has to be on) is working for (Apple Maps, Google Maps, Waze etc.) and casting (Iphone screen could be off) the video apps (Youtube, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video etc).

My dad did 30 cables and selling them on ebay. If anyone interested.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/154858857025

Set of cables and AV converter

Set of cables with lightning extender

Apple map, Iphone screen has to be on for mirroring.

Amazon Prime video casting, Iphone screen could be off.

All 3 screens shows the video. Prohibited watch the video on the head unit while driving. Only in parking.

Head unit off, rear still shows the video, so you can drive and kids will be watching the cartoons.

Navigator on the headunit, and video sent to the rear.

You can put the clock on the headunit, and send video to the rear.

This is real cables with AV converter. Upgraded MB MMI cable - AV converter - HDMI cable - HDMI apple adapter.
Attached Files
File Type: avi
Cable video.avi (3.24 MB, 10 views)

Last edited by Bagrat21; 12-01-2022 at 10:46 PM.