Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Comand repair

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2023, 10:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 E350 4MATIC Wagon
Comand repair

I’m looking to get my COMAND unit repaired in my 2006 W211 wagon with H/K system w/ NAV as I like the existing system and don’t want to spend the 2-3K for a new audio system. I am having the following issues:

- Radio plays random stations,or rather it shows one station but is actually playing a different one.
- Sometimes the radio buttons don’t work.
- Shows aux is playing, but actually the radio
- the volume randomly fades in and out, which is the main issue.

I’ve searched and seen some threads relating to some of these issues, but no one ever posts any resolutions.

I’ve heard that the microphone in the rear view could cause the volume issue, but with the other issues popping up, I suspect the COMAND unit.

I am aware people have also installed aftermarket H/U’s with mixed results due to either the head unit or the MOST system adapter. I am also aware the system is antiquated, but DAMN does it have great sound! I do have an Aux port and factory Bluetooth, so the fact I’m missing Bluetooth audio playback is not a big concern.

I have found a couple places online, but not sure of reputations and wanted to see if anyone has had their unit repaired and happy with the results.

Thank you for any help!