Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Need help for compact AC/DC inverter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2002, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 E430
Need help for compact AC/DC inverter

I'm looking for a very small and compact AC DC inverter to connect console's power.

I want it to fit in side the center console of my 98 E430, in the rear, under the air cond vents. I don't want to cut in to the air conditioning ducts. so it has to be quite small. If anyone know of one, please let me know where to purchase it.

I know this exist, as I have seen it done on another E class. Here is the link to the one I have seen it in.

http://images.cardomain.com/installs...55_10_full.jpg

PLEASE PLEASE help. I tried to contact of this owner, but he has not reply to my request.

Thanks in advance
Old 06-11-2002, 12:12 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
W204 C300 2010
AC/DC power inverters are availble just about anywhere... Pep Boys, Kragen, Autozone, Target, etc... If you can't find the exact one that the other owner used, then mount one under the passenger seat, then route the wires through the console to terminate similiar to the picture attached to your message.
Old 06-13-2002, 05:14 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you can find them at most stereo shops that carry hi end mobile video, they're only about fifty bucks, I've seen small enough and installed right under the passenger side back seat, theres alittle pop out piece of plastic that leads you right to your battery, I'd put it there.