Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

2004 Bose head unit - no sound no CD changer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2024, 03:48 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
SL55
2004 Bose head unit - no sound no CD changer

Hello reposting here as the correct forum. I was fiddling with the stereo to see if there was an aux port - the aux was wired to a Sirius receiver ok fine. However while removing reinstalling I broke something, based on other reading with these symptoms I am guessing the fiber loop is broken. The CD changer is operational physically. The tele aid works. (even in Italian) The only thing I touched was this fiber connector. I have ordered up both kinds of loops to hopefully test with - but here is my question.
Should I see light activity on this connector when the car/head unit is on ? If the answer is yes, then this connector and/or lines are not working. I will loop it up when the parts arrive - but should I tear into the back looking for a fuse on the amp or other components ? I have checked all the fuses behind the passenger seat.

Last edited by Iceclimber7; 06-02-2024 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-05-2024, 05:06 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
SL55
I pulled the CD changer, looped the fiber connection...nothing. Plugged it back in, everything started working. Yay.