Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Fault codes B273715 and b280613

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2024, 07:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c43 Estate 2019
Fault codes B273715 and b280613

OK so i'm nearing completion of a crash damaged C43 S205. Original damage was drivers (UK RHD) side front end.
I got the car back from paint last week so could assemble and fit bumper for the first time. After scanning car i've 2 codes.

B280613 - The squib for the refrigerant inerting has a malfunction. There is an open circuit. I believe this is the gas canister located behind the drivers wing which releases gas onto hot components in engine during a crash to prevent fire from leaking ac gas. Given most of the airbags had deployed it seems reasonable to think this would have also gone off too. Got a new part on order, due delivery today so hoping that once i've switched parts this code will go - unless the connector has melted?

B273715 - The right impact sensor for the function 'Pedestrian protection', has malfunction. there is a short to positive or open circuit. Now the loom which serves this esnsor and all front parking sensors has been completely severed under the coolant expansion bottle. I'd repair all the broken wires with solder sticks and assumed one or more of these must have not worked. Today i've undone the loom much higher up near the strut tower and pineed the same two wires individually and tested for continuity all the way back to the plug for the faulty sensor but i'm getting a beep. I assumed it must be a faulty sensor (Unlikely given its a brand new oem part) so i swapped the left and right hand ones over but still got fault reading on right hand side. I unplugged the left and scanned again and then saw right and left fault codes with same wording. So it's not the sensor and doesn't appear to be the wires either. I'm pretty stuck now, any ideas what else i could check?

Could the 1st fault code somehow be causing h second or is that just wishful thinking?