Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

1999 ml430 head unit and amp install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 ML430
1999 ml430 head unit and amp install

hi,
i was wondering if i will need to bypass my speakers in order to get them to play. there is a subwoofer under my seat so im guessing that the speakers are amplified but i do not know if they are fiber optic. my head unit is a 1 din with the phone system under it. will i able to do a normal head install with just connecting the wire harness or will i need to do bypass. oh i was also wondering if i could use the bose amps some how with my aftermarket head unit and do they also have some kind of high pass filter or something that takes away the lower freq.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:36 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
hey man, your deck may have a high pass filter on it, if not your 4 channel amp should have some type of crossover on it. Your speakers are not optical, the only part of the ML's system that is optical is the CD changer to factory bose head unit. Once removed and you have the after market radio in there make sure at the bose amp u tag into the correct wires that run to your speakers so you dont have to run speaker wire into the doors...PITA.

Otherwise pretty straight forward install. Use a wiring harness and grab your power wires... when installing the antenna adapter Im pretty sure you can use a regular european antenna adapter as long as you give one of the brown wires on the VW harness(same for mercedes, and Land Rover too) power. Make sure to switch ignition and constant power wires too!!!

And if you wanna use factory speakers and what not just make sure you get a bose amp integrator and you can wire ur headunit up normally and you wont have to change anything on the system