Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

HELP: Internal Mercedes Speaker Wiring

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP: Internal Mercedes Speaker Wiring

Hello everyone,

I have searched the forums quite a bit, but I could not find a conclusive answer to my question. Hopefully this hasn't already been discussed -- if it has, then my apologies.

I am planning a speaker upgrade for my W202 (non-bose) C220. I was wondering how are the factory speakers wired. I understand the radio has the following speaker outputs:

front left +
front left -
front right +
front right -
rear left +
rear left -
rear right +
rear right +

However, this car has 8 speakers:
2 tweeters
2 front door speakers
2 rear door speakers
2 rear deck speakers

How are the signals distributed to these speakers? Is there some sort of internal crossover for the fronts? and are the rears hooked in parallel?

I intend on putting component speakers and coaxial speakers, so I could like to know how the design is so that I can ensure that I make proper use of the speakers (and crossovers where applicable).

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2008, 02:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz C220 CDI Elegance Automatic 1998 (W202)
Originally Posted by gsE36
Hello everyone,

I have searched the forums quite a bit, but I could not find a conclusive answer to my question. Hopefully this hasn't already been discussed -- if it has, then my apologies.

I am planning a speaker upgrade for my W202 (non-bose) C220. I was wondering how are the factory speakers wired. I understand the radio has the following speaker outputs:

front left +
front left -
front right +
front right -
rear left +
rear left -
rear right +
rear right +

However, this car has 8 speakers:
2 tweeters
2 front door speakers
2 rear door speakers
2 rear deck speakers

How are the signals distributed to these speakers? Is there some sort of internal crossover for the fronts? and are the rears hooked in parallel?

I intend on putting component speakers and coaxial speakers, so I could like to know how the design is so that I can ensure that I make proper use of the speakers (and crossovers where applicable).

Thanks!
Hi!

Sorry for the "grave digging" but now I have the same questions...
Can someone add some info on this, please?

Best regards!
Old 06-13-2008, 05:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
One amp output is driving a pair of speakers, like the two on the front door and two on the rear door. Most likely the speakers have a simple band pass filter arrangement.