Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

2004 Sl55 Dension Icelink Plus Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004-SL55 & 2005-G55 - BOTH BLACK OF COURSE!
2004 Sl55 Dension Icelink Plus Install

Hello to all:

I thought I would post a picture of my recent install. My local dealer built a bracket and tucked it behind the center console for the perfect placement. The proclip was a joke that dension suggests using. I wanted to see my iPOD since it is a 60GIG color screen.....and as you will see is a carbon black color, NOT the white. Which looks really kewl.....

A few things to consider.....

1) This thing is simply just very kewl!
2) If you use an IPOD photo the text will appear very small in the dension interface mode.
3) I use the iPOD interface and can see in color the track name AND CD cover art.....how kewl is that?
4) Dension is working on the possibility of text on the command screen.
5) I am an audio junkie and rip in 320....will accept nothing lower......and it sounds great in the SL55.
6) Having the EQ setting use in the iPOD just gives me more control over sound.
7) Would like to comment.....the factory BOSE system has taken some lashes....but it does a great job and can be pushed hard with little distortion.....and the seamless fit of all components is not worth changing to do aftermarket.
8) Now I can drop in another cradle from Dension in my ML and have all my tunes in both cars. This is just a temp fix until someone at the dealer will tell me when my black iPOD compatible ML63 will be here.........hoping this year.....
9) The cd changer was removed from the compartment behind the drivers seat and a false bottom was put over the small control box from dension.....a bit more storage now....lol.....

Hope all this helps a few out there......I did a lot of research prior to this install.

Citore

PS: Colored iPODs are located at colorwarepc.com - it makes no sense to me to have this device in white...........they have more colors than the rainbow there for a nominal upcharge......
Attached Thumbnails 2004 Sl55 Dension Icelink Plus Install-ipod-04.jpg   2004 Sl55 Dension Icelink Plus Install-ipod-05.jpg   2004 Sl55 Dension Icelink Plus Install-ipod-06.jpg  
Old 01-22-2005, 12:17 PM

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
Chevrolet Chevette, Ford Pinto, Pontiac Aztek, Trabant, Yugo GV (and all the worst cars ever built)
Can you break down the expense to show how much the whole thing cost you (per car), excluding ipod.