Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

dension aux-in d2b fiber optics : Troubles!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 04:56 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes c sportcoupe
dension aux-in d2b fiber optics : Troubles!

hello guys,

at last, there is a final solution for mp3's in my mercedes benz C sportcoupé (W203 - European model) with AUDIO 10 CD Radio !!!

At least, i thought :-)

i received the package from a german distributor, www.dension4u.de . it was the aux in for mercedes benz with D2B fiber optics.

Today i went to the professional car installer to have it installed, but.... it DOES NOT WORK ! all the connections fit, but when turning on the AUDIO 10 there is no sound !!!

not on the cd, not on the radio and not on the cassette ! when reconnecting the original mercedes benz 6 cd changer, there is again, sound in radio, cassette and cd.

The professional installer says allthough, that all the connections fit. what could be wrong ? the details of my car are :

Mercedes benz C sportcoupe model 2003
audio cd 10 casette with original 6 CD CHANGER from Mb (All in d2b fiber optics)
Bose audio system.

Could you give me some hints to make it work, as I am eager to listen to mp3's :-) ?

thanx in advance !
Old 01-22-2005, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
I would check the fiber ring. If the fiber from the Dension interface is bad your whole system will have no sound since the AMP won't be seen.

I had this exact problem and discovered that the fiber going into the Dension interface needed to be routed a little differently to minimize the curvature.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:58 PM
Almost a Member!

mercedes c sportcoupe
how did you do this ? routed a little differently to minimize the curvature ?

because i live in belgium and i ordered the package from germany, it is a little difficult to resend it.....

thnx alot already for you lightning fast reply on my opening post!
Old 01-22-2005, 07:19 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wimpytron
how did you do this ? routed a little differently to minimize the curvature ?

because i live in belgium and i ordered the package from germany, it is a little difficult to resend it.....

thnx alot already for you lightning fast reply on my opening post!
I think he meant that he was very careful in the radius of curve and direction of the cable, to cause the least amount of stress on the optical loop and connection.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Exactly Miro. I found that the more radius I put in the Denison fiber, the more static/popping I started to hear. At a certain radius the fiber totally became inoperative.

Therefore, I re-routed the fiber in order to reduce the radius of the curvature as much as possible.

What I would do if I were you is hook the Dension interface back up and leave it out of its installation place. Just flat with the fiber as straigt as possible. If that works you had the same issue I did and need to reduce the radius of your fiber run.

If this doesn't work you either have a bad interface or a bad piece of fiber cable.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:52 PM
Almost a Member!

mercedes c sportcoupe
thanks already for the reactions. i also send an email to dension support and the german who i bought it from. I also await there suggestions. if ever (hopefully) i get it to work, i will describer the entire install and what to do if things go wrong!

I'll keep you guys posted!
Old 02-05-2005, 03:04 PM
Almost a Member!

mercedes c sportcoupe
hey, we finally managed to install the dension aux-in for D2B. sound quality is awesome !!!!

but, apparantly, after 10 to 15 minutes of play time, i get a crackling and popping sound, and the sound signal sops (or there is only the cracking and popping sound)

When turning off and onn the ignition (wait +/- 1 minute) he then again plays normal sound for several minutes. we connected the cables again, and especcialy the glas fibre cable we are trying to do this as straight as possible. but still we get the "noise" after several minutes. has anyone expierenced this or is there anyone who could make a suggestion to avoid this ?

and, another strange thing is that if i change to CD, the aux-in, only starts to play when i press the "sc" button" on the audio 10. Anyone who could enlighten me on this ?