Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

W210 E55 phone w/ voice activated feature

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 03:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheeled car.
W210 E55 phone w/ voice activated feature

Ok so in my 55 (well it'll be mine in less than 12 hours, let's hope I still get it ! ), I have the phone voice activated stalk, and the phone cradle. There is no phone, but it's believed that it's a startac.

Now my question to Steve mainly: Can the cradle be changed to another so that it'll fit say, a Nokia?

2nd question, assuming that question 1 obtains a positive reply, can I still use the handsfree feature if I use an AFTERMARKET head unit (ie Alpine screen). Can I just use the phone using the multifunction buttons ont he steering wheels to dial whoever I want who is in my phone book, or use the voice activation thing?

And finally, How hard and $$$ would it be to take my voice activated stalk and brain unit thing (not the cradle) and put it in my father's 2000 E320 (which already has the phone cradle thing w/ the startac that he uses w/ his euro comand) ?

Danke Schon.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:01 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by The Doctor
Can the cradle be changed to another so that it'll fit say, a Nokia?
yes...but only when you change out the control unit in the trunk as well and only compatible with a limitted number of Nokia models
2nd question, assuming that question 1 obtains a positive reply, can I still use the handsfree feature if I use an AFTERMARKET head unit (ie Alpine screen). Can I just use the phone using the multifunction buttons ont he steering wheels to dial whoever I want who is in my phone book, or use the voice activation thing?
NO...if you change the HU for an aftermarket one, you will loose audio control AND you will loose phonecontrols as those are routed through the HU.
How hard and $$$ would it be to take my voice activated stalk and brain unit thing (not the cradle) and put it in my father's 2000 E320
The control unit is easy to do...the stalk might be a fuzz to get out of your steering column switch, but once it is out - easy.

greetingz,