Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

Question to LeaseCompare.com

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Something on 4 wheels..
Question Question to LeaseCompare.com

Hi,

I'm looking forward to a 60 month/12K lease on a CLS 55 in January. The car will be fully loaded so the MSRP will be around 118K. This price includes the new performance package (about 10K) and will be a designo-edition (6K).

I already used the configurator on Leasecompare.com but I'm a bit confused since the system is showing residuals between 32K and 37K...

I thought the residual after 60 month would be about 54K (47%)..

I also tried the configurator with a car that would come without those two options (about 100K) and the system calculated an almost identical residual. How can that be?? Is it possible that the system does not detect those two options and calculates those 16K not as options but as a "negative equity", transfered from a previous car (or so)??

Thank You very much for your help!
Old 12-01-2005, 05:59 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

There is an MRM (Maximum Residual MSRP) of $93K so adding options will not affect the residual value.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Originally Posted by FloridaE55
Hi,

I'm looking forward to a 60 month/12K lease on a CLS 55 in January. The car will be fully loaded so the MSRP will be around 118K. This price includes the new performance package (about 10K) and will be a designo-edition (6K).

I already used the configurator on Leasecompare.com but I'm a bit confused since the system is showing residuals between 32K and 37K...

I thought the residual after 60 month would be about 54K (47%)..

I also tried the configurator with a car that would come without those two options (about 100K) and the system calculated an almost identical residual. How can that be?? Is it possible that the system does not detect those two options and calculates those 16K not as options but as a "negative equity", transfered from a previous car (or so)??

Thank You very much for your help!
Old 12-01-2005, 06:12 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
Originally Posted by LeaseCompare
There is an MRM (Maximum Residual MSRP) of $93K so adding options will not affect the residual value.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Aaah, Thank You, Tarry! That explains it all! I'll apply for the lease 3 weeks prior to the scheduled delivery.