Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

ML550 Lease Rates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 09:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 S500 & 2011 Mini JCW
ML550 Lease Rates

I have a question about how lease rates are used when ordering a vehicle. I ordered a ML550 in September 2007. The lease rate quoted was with in my requirements and a sales agreement signed $500.00 dollars was deposited and the ML550 ordered. The dealer told me that I did not have to purchase the ML and my deposit would be returned if the lease rate went up and I decided not to take delivery. The dealer also said if the rate goes down they would give me the lower rate.
The ML550 arrived this week and the dealer called to give me the good and bad news. The rate went up about $150.00 higher a month! I said no way on the car, the dealer said no problem they would hold the ML until they see the rates in December and then we could revisit the transaction.
I have no problem with the rates changing and the dealer was upfront on the conditions. However I was also considering buying a Audi Q7, the dealership was willing to give me the option. Take the rate when placing the order or take the rate when Q7 arrives.
Both dealers are owned by Lithia Motors a publicly traded company, and both leases were using the manufactures financial arms. Anybody think the MB dealer should have done the same as the Audi, or is the MB dealer aggreement the norm?
Old 11-18-2007, 11:27 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You may not want to go with MBC on the 550 as most bank programs will be better.

For comparison:
http://www.leasecompare.com/quick_le...des+Benz+ML550

Also, let me know what options you are looking for on the Q7 and I'll get you a quote on that one too.