Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

Question lease turn-in with MBF

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Sport/Palladium Silver on Black/P2
Question lease turn-in with MBF

So, curious how the turn-in works with MBF.

Firstly, can you turn it back into any MB dealer? Do they pretty much inspect it right in front of you, or do you have to wait and hear, if everything was ok?

Do they waive the turn-in fee, if you get another MB?

Finally, what if you want to buy the car? Can you then not even go back to the dealer? Would MBF lower the buy it price of the car, if you ask? Also, does MBF offer competitive financing, if you want to buy your lease. For example, they seem to offer 3.9 on used cars a lot. Do they offer that, for someone whose lease is ending?

Thanks.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by mac911
So, curious how the turn-in works with MBF.

Firstly, can you turn it back into any MB dealer? Do they pretty much inspect it right in front of you, or do you have to wait and hear, if everything was ok?

Do they waive the turn-in fee, if you get another MB?

Finally, what if you want to buy the car? Can you then not even go back to the dealer? Would MBF lower the buy it price of the car, if you ask? Also, does MBF offer competitive financing, if you want to buy your lease. For example, they seem to offer 3.9 on used cars a lot. Do they offer that, for someone whose lease is ending?

Thanks.
A Mercedes rep will call you probably 2 or 3 months before you have to turn it in. Then you can ask all these questions. When I turned mine in they set up an appointment and come out to where ever you want to have someone inspect the car. My inspection took 10 minutes and they will give you a report of the cars condition. The turn in fee is just stupid. I payed $350 to have my car go back to the dealership which was more than my monthly payment
Old 01-28-2008, 01:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport/Palladium Silver on Black/P2
Originally Posted by IwantA124
A Mercedes rep will call you probably 2 or 3 months before you have to turn it in. Then you can ask all these questions. When I turned mine in they set up an appointment and come out to where ever you want to have someone inspect the car. My inspection took 10 minutes and they will give you a report of the cars condition. The turn in fee is just stupid. I payed $350 to have my car go back to the dealership which was more than my monthly payment
Thanks. I'm really hoping they offer good financing, if you want to keep it. Like right now on used MBs they have 1.9 financing. If they offered something like that, I might keep mine, but only time well tell how I feel then.

My turn in fee is $595! Pretty wild.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:44 PM

e320
My experience with MBF was very favorable. After a four year lease, the residual (on an '04 E320) was higher than the current market price. MBF adjusted the buyout, although I did have to ask.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:07 PM

2007 c230
Originally Posted by mac911
Thanks. I'm really hoping they offer good financing, if you want to keep it. Like right now on used MBs they have 1.9 financing. If they offered something like that, I might keep mine, but only time well tell how I feel then.

My turn in fee is $595! Pretty wild.
My residual is predicted to be less than market, so I will probably turn mine in. I have never kept a car over 4 years.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350W4
What if service is due?

My car always reads "Service B" due. When I take the car to the stealer I only get stuff ala carte (i.e. oil change, change critical filters and fluids), becuase I refuse to pay $300 more for the service package that includes "Inpect this and inspect that" they refuse to reset the service lights.

Thus, I have invoices showing the critical stuff (i.e. oil changes) done, but I didn't pay $150 to get the sunroof lubed.

Will I be in trouble at turn-in time? Cosmetically the car is perfect.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Almost a Member!

Silver 2005 Acura TSX Navi
Originally Posted by farrbar
My car always reads "Service B" due. When I take the car to the stealer I only get stuff ala carte (i.e. oil change, change critical filters and fluids), becuase I refuse to pay $300 more for the service package that includes "Inpect this and inspect that" they refuse to reset the service lights.

Thus, I have invoices showing the critical stuff (i.e. oil changes) done, but I didn't pay $150 to get the sunroof lubed.

i will be very interested if someone has the answer to this, i do the same exact thing with my acura, instead of paying for the major service, which is pretty much the equivilant of service B, i get only the minor serivce which is similar to the ala cart options you do. i planned on just trading out of my lease with 3 or less months left, instead of being called out on it.

and since i plan on leasing a C-class and like you dont feel like getting raped for service B, i really would love to hear a response to this.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:53 AM

C280 4-Matic
Originally Posted by farrbar

I am in the same boat, and I'm not sure how I should handle my Service B. I have a 2yr lease which is up in Nov. @27k. Service B has started to come up on the dash. I'm thinking of just doing the oil & filter changes at the dealer and skipping the rest. Anyone have past experiences with doing this?
Old 06-24-2008, 06:25 PM

2003 CL55 AMG, 2007 S550 (wife)
I've had a salesman reset the service indicator on a '03 S500 before I sold it because the service dept forgot to do it. He didn't use any tools, just the R button on the dash and the ignition key. The instructions may be in the owner's manual, or you can check this link http://www.mercedesmanuals.com/articles.asp?id=123
Too bad MB doesn't include service anymore like BMW.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:43 AM

C280 4-Matic
Thanks for the link. I think I will just get the oil changed for Service B and do ("inspect") the rest myself.