Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

Negotiating Lease Extension?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 07:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E350 Convertible
Negotiating Lease Extension?

Has anyone had any experience lately negotiating the lease extension on the C class or another vehicle?

I had a 299+tax lease payment for 27 months. My lease is up March 13th, and the offer from MBZ-Financial for a 6 or 12 month extension is for $420+tax now?? I dont understand how they can charge more for an extension on a used vehicle. Mercedes Benz Financial is saying they will not negotiate on the lease extension offer or the buy out price (not interested in buying out). Any advise from you guys?
Old 02-20-2009, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Sport/Palladium Silver on Black/P2
I would tell them that you know they negotiate with other people.

Furthermore, I would tell them that if you can't extend the lease for same price or get the buyout lower, you will go to another manufacturer.

They are trying to make you go lease a new Mercedes, which is more important to them (makes them more money), so let them know you'll walk away to Audi, BMW, or whatever if they don't get more reasonable.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:15 PM

2007 ML63 ///AMG
^^

Quoted for truth. It never ceases to amaze me that even with a depreciated vehicle, and record low interest rates, your monthly payment goes up $130/month!
Old 02-20-2009, 06:09 PM

CLK 350 Cabriolet
I know they will negotiate -- they did for me in December. I think my trick was that I was very matter-of-fact that I would be turning in the car unless they brought down the price to something fair. And then you have to be prepared to do exactly that: turn it in if you don't get a better deal. I had set an inspection date and turn-in appointment after they said "we won't negotiate", and then a week later the dealer called me and said he had an offer that I eventually accepted. I used the dealer as a middleman instead of through MBF directly; that may have helped.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:29 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Current: '19 E450 Cabriolet - Past: '19 C300 Coupe, '12 SLK350, '16 E350, '14 C250 (x2), '09 CLK350
Good information. I'm actually in a similar situation financially with my C250. Dirt cheap lease nothing down tax/tag rolled up for $316/mo for 27 mos / up to 32k - car was service loaner with 8k on it. Been a dream to drive with no issues, just went in for first Service B. A couple scuffs in the interior panels, but if I wanted to keep the car I might keep it and make it mine.

I know they will try to pull the same thing if I try to extend, most likely. @Crispix - also good info as I am leaning more toward turning it in for something else. So much nice out there in the showroom and there are 5 MB dealerships within a half hour drive of me...I'm sure they're competitive with each other.