Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

Help with leasing options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 01:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Nissan Pathfinder
Help with leasing options

So I plan on getting a 2018 E63 S. After doing some reading and soul searching I've decided that my ideal scenario would be:

Place multiple security deposits (I live in Texas, not sure if that means anything or restricts me)

Structure a 24 month lease and pay one time up front.

If I absolutely fall in love with the car, then I would want the option to purchase anytime after year 1, if I don't, then I'll happily return it at lease end. If I decide to purchase, then I would want my MSDs to go towards the purchase price.

Oh, and I must do this European delivery, not sure if that places any restrictions, (it shouldn't from what I've read)

I guess my question is how doable is this deal? Does anyone see a major pitfall. One thing I am still confused on is what happens if I pay that one time 24 month lease and the car gets wrecked. Don't I get my pro-rated lease payments back, especially if I was not at fault? The internets have been confusing me on this one. Thanks for your help!
Old 07-05-2017, 12:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
You are creating all that smoke and mirrors for nothing ------why not sit down with an MB finance guy and make your pitch to him!
Old 07-05-2017, 01:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Nissan Pathfinder
I don't think I'm trying to create smoke and mirrors, I was just wondering if people have done this type of deal before, mainly with MSDs and one time lease pay, and what are the ramifications of a totaled car during the lease agreement.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E550
I think what you're asking is if you can negotiate a better deal on a 24mo lease by paying all of the payments upfront.

I haven't tried that yet. But if you're ok with paying it all upfront and you really want to do a 24 month test as opposed buying, it is certainly worth a shot. However, I do wonder if it's an advantageous psych tactic. Meaning a savvy dealer will definitely see an opportunity to squeeze more down money out of you if you show you're willing to pay 24k-ish in payments upfront.

You don't know till you try.

Financially, everyone's situation is different. It doesn't pay for me to pay all that money upfront when I like my cash earning 1% in a money market account. And depending how much cash you have in a measly money market account, the interest you're earning per month could be enough to make your monthly lease payment a wash.

So it's a good question, but it really is very situational.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 Mercedes Benz C350e Hybrid
Do the European delivery for the E63! Its an amazing experience. If you lived in CA I would have been happy to help you!