Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

Lease Turn In

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 08:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLC300
Lease Turn In

Hi,

How does the lease turn in process work when you are getting a new lease? I just received my letter and it states after the pre inspection I'll turn in my car and then get a letter with charges. Can I avoid this when I do a new lease? I realize I probably still have to do the pre-inspection. Ideally I want all "charges" to be known and handled in my new lease. I do not want to make a deal on a lease, then turn in my car, and get some surprise bill after all is said and done.

Also can you share your experiences with the third party inspector? My car is in good condition. A few scratches to the metal on the front bumper but nothing too big (the size of a pencil eraser).

Thank you!
Old 10-11-2017, 02:49 PM

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
2017 GLC300 2020 Toyota Rav4H AWD XLE
if you go to a MB dealer it is a relatively straight forward process, once you get your new lease signed and the new car is in wash and stuff just do the DMV papers online after you take
your new car in. When i turned in my W212 last year they didnt do anything, but i am in CA and i dont know where you are so it could vary. if you are in CA i can suggest where you can take it to
Old 10-12-2017, 01:57 AM

GLC300
Originally Posted by drwolf
if you go to a MB dealer it is a relatively straight forward process, once you get your new lease signed and the new car is in wash and stuff just do the DMV papers online after you take
your new car in. When i turned in my W212 last year they didnt do anything, but i am in CA and i dont know where you are so it could vary. if you are in CA i can suggest where you can take it to
Thank you! I heard they started using a mandatory third party inspector called AutoVIN some time last year. The last thing I want is to seal the deal on my lease and get a separate bill in the mail after I turn in the car. Per the letter I got that's what would happen. However, they don't specify how the process would be different if you get into a new lease. 🤷🏻*♀️
Old 10-23-2017, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by GLCKitty
Thank you! I heard they started using a mandatory third party inspector called AutoVIN some time last year. The last thing I want is to seal the deal on my lease and get a separate bill in the mail after I turn in the car. Per the letter I got that's what would happen. However, they don't specify how the process would be different if you get into a new lease. 🤷🏻*♀️
Apologies for late response, Hmm i dont know? i mean it just depends, i would search the MB dealers in your area as to where you wanna turn it in. You dont have to turn it in at the dealer you get your new lease at rather if you have time left on your lease, do some yelp research or look at reviews for the best place to turn in your lease without any questions asked.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:25 AM

GLC300
Apologies for late response, Hmm i dont know? i mean it just depends, i would search the MB dealers in your area as to where you wanna turn it in. You dont have to turn it in at the dealer you get your new lease at rather if you have time left on your lease, do some yelp research or look at reviews for the best place to turn in your lease without any questions asked.
I will find out soon enough! I have my AutoVin inspection on Monday. I wish there was a dealer around here that would just take the car but it looks like this process has changed recently. I should have "results" shortly thereafter. I think you can still negotiate the fees at turn in time. I have a GLC on order but I could always walk away. 😇
Old 10-30-2017, 03:54 PM

Where are you located? If your based in Southern California i can recommend you a dealer you can solely turn it in with a salesman i got my CPO from and turned in my lease, PM me for more info
The following users liked this post:
GLCKitty (11-01-2017)
Old 11-01-2017, 01:15 AM

GLC300
Had my AutoVin inspection this week. My car passed with $0 in damages! The inspector was courteous and the report was available by morning. ��
drwolf (11-06-2017)
Old 11-06-2017, 06:04 PM

Had my AutoVin inspection this week. My car passed with $0 in damages! The inspector was courteous and the report was available by morning. ��
Great, glad to hear that. What car did you get when you turned in yours out of curiosity?
Old 11-09-2017, 01:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC300
I just did that. I am in california, I dealt with Anaheim Merceded Benz. Dorsey just gave a good deal to a new lease for GLC. I turned in my GLK and dealt with the new lease. No inspection needed. He just looked at the car... actually no, he just glanced on the car. and that's it!
GLCKitty (11-15-2017)
Old 11-15-2017, 02:29 AM

GLC300
Great, glad to hear that. What car did you get when you turned in yours out of curiosity?
My inspection is done, but I'm still waiting for my GLC 300. It's on order, produced, but awaiting shipment from Germany, Hoping it doesn't take too long. 😕

I ordered diamond silver metallic, black interior, advanced lighting, audio, multimedia package, premium driver assistance, parking assistance, and panoramic roof. 😎
Old 11-22-2017, 05:49 PM

My inspection is done, but I'm still waiting for my GLC 300. It's on order, produced, but awaiting shipment from Germany, Hoping it doesn't take too long. 😕

I ordered diamond silver metallic, black interior, advanced lighting, audio, multimedia package, premium driver assistance, parking assistance, and panoramic roof. 😎
congrats! enjoy the car
Old 02-13-2018, 06:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 Mercedes Benz C350e Hybrid
Customers will be charged wear and tear on a separate bill from MBFS. - When trading in payments are waived (if you have any remaining) and Disposition fee. You are responsible for any damage or wear and tear to tires.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 C300 Sedan
I'm returning my 2016 C300 sedan and leasing a 2019 C43 Cabriolet. Just got my AutoVIN pre-inspection report which says I'm going to owe $690 for damage and two new tires. I got paperwork from MBFS indicating they waive up to $500 in damages if you lease another MBenz. Deal doesn't seem to / is claiming not to know anything about that. Anyone know if that's standard practice and if there's anything I need to do to claim the "loyalty credit"? Maybe that ends up being between me and MBFS and not with the dealer directly?
Old 11-21-2018, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by BuffaloJason
I'm returning my 2016 C300 sedan and leasing a 2019 C43 Cabriolet. Just got my AutoVIN pre-inspection report which says I'm going to owe $690 for damage and two new tires. I got paperwork from MBFS indicating they waive up to $500 in damages if you lease another MBenz. Deal doesn't seem to / is claiming not to know anything about that. Anyone know if that's standard practice and if there's anything I need to do to claim the "loyalty credit"? Maybe that ends up being between me and MBFS and not with the dealer directly?
if you turn it in to the same dealer you leased your C300 and you want to lease the C43 from the same dealer maybe they can help with the autovin and the MBFS loyality credit, but thats something you need to check with the dealer