Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

warranty/lemon issues GLB 250

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2022 | 09:56 AM

2021 GLB 250
warranty/lemon issues GLB 250

Hi, hope this is not a violation, cross posting from the GLB forum for more eyeballs/advice. thanks!

I could use some advice. I have a leased 2021 GLB 250, bought in upstate NY but reregistered in California when we moved. Drove back to NY for a visit and on the last day of the drive the dashboard display went black. Brought the car to the dealer who leased it to us and they discovered water damage due to a clogged a/c drain. They say parts to fix it won’t be here until January!! We have had a loaner for a month but they don’t want us to take it out of state, nor do we want to leave without our car only to have to come back for it next year. We are technically on a trip away from home so could try to use Mercedes’ trip interruption coverage but details on that are scarce.

what would you do? What are our options. We have 28k miles on it so technically beyond NY lemon law. I would like them to give us a loaner or different car and then ship our car to California when it’s repaired. Is this realistic? The kicker is we are scheduled to leave in 4 business days from now, so whatever happens needs to happen fast. Thanks for any advice you may have!