W246 B180d auto lurching in park

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 04:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 MB B180d amg premium
W246 B180d auto lurching in park

Hi all, I'm looking for a bit of advice, I have a 2016 B180d auto, I'm having a small issue with the auto box I believe.
The car drives fine but once I come to a stop and select park it can be fine most times but some times after a minute or so parked the car feels like it trys to lurch forward (felt more if the handbrake is applied as the rear squats a little) it doesn't do it aggressively or persistently but I've noticed it more recently so thought I'd ask the question to see if similar faults have been diagnosed, the service book states there has been a fluid change on the gearbox less than 10k ago.

Any help would be much appreciated, and I will like to add the car has not shown any codes when scanned. Thanks

Old 08-05-2021, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w246
Originally Posted by Robbiestaffy
Hi all, I'm looking for a bit of advice, I have a 2016 B180d auto, I'm having a small issue with the auto box I believe.
The car drives fine but once I come to a stop and select park it can be fine most times but some times after a minute or so parked the car feels like it trys to lurch forward (felt more if the handbrake is applied as the rear squats a little) it doesn't do it aggressively or persistently but I've noticed it more recently so thought I'd ask the question to see if similar faults have been diagnosed, the service book states there has been a fluid change on the gearbox less than 10k ago.

Any help would be much appreciated, and I will like to add the car has not shown any codes when scanned. Thanks
Hi I think there is a technicla service bulletin on this...applies for the merc CLA but could apply for you as well.
ref LI27.60-P-059304

I have a b200 petrol rhd which has had all four wheel speed sensors go bad over a period of 2 years.
the engine also thuds or lurches when i shift from P to D or R and vice versa.
I changed the front two wheel speed sensors and cleaned the tone rings and the problem went away for a while! It returned back though...have to clean them again and see