New to Forum and possible new Mecerdes Owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2011 | 07:13 AM

2012 C350 on Order
New to Forum and possible new Mecerdes Owner

Hello all,
I am new to this forum and to be honest this is the first of any forum that I have joined. I have ordered a 2012 C350 Sport Sedan. I currently live in Germany and work not too far from the Sindelfingen pick up point and live in the Unterturkheim -Stuttgart area were the MB factory is located. I ordered my car in sometime in March of 2011 and am told by my dealer that my order will include the 320pkg –Multimedia Package. If this is the right place for this topic then I will keep everyone posted on the progress of my order, delivery and experience. I welcome any comments and prior experiences.
Old 07-26-2011 | 10:16 AM

2012 BMW F30 (328i) Sport Line
Mobone,

Welcome to the forum! I myself joined a few days in pursuit of deciding if Benz should be my next car. I've always been a BMW driver, but there is something special about the C Coupe (although I've only seen it online...debuts here in the USA sometime in September).

Congratulations on the order I'm sure you are thrilled to have it soon! What colours, specs, etc. did you pick? Also, when you get the car I would love to see some pictures. They are hard to come by...

Ryan
Old 07-27-2011 | 05:28 AM

2012 C350 on Order
Hello Ryan9095,
Thanks for the welcome. I am also a former BMW 3-Series owner and was very satisfied with the car. I have ordered a Lunar blue 2012 C350 Sport sedan with the Options below;

Lunar Blue Color
Dark Ash/Ash Leather interior
Parking Guidance
Dynamic Handling Package (Special Order)
Parameter Steering
Steering Wheel Shift Paddles
Advanced Agility Package (Special Order)
18" AMG 5-twin-spoke Wheel
Lighting Package
Headlamp Washing System
Intelligent Highbeam Control
Bi-Xenon Active Light System
Multimedia Package - (320 Pkg was available when I placed ordered)
Dynamic Rear View Monitor
Voice Control
COMAND w/Navigation and Voice Control
Black Ash Wood Trim
Factory delivery
KEYLESS-GO
Driver Assistance Lite Package
Lane Tracking package code
Blind Spot Assist
Lane Keeping Assist

I have also added the following accessories;

Roof Spolier (trunk spoiler is standard w/C350 sport)
Chrome door handles (protects against scratches)
Wheel locks.

You are right, I have not yet even seen a live model of this car. All I have are pictures from different web sites. It's like trying to find a chicken with teeth. I will post a picture when possible. I also have no pricing information as of yet. The accessories prices are unfortunately in Euros which makes them quite a bit more expensive here They are also installed at a local dealer. The one advantage of being here in Europe working for the US government is being exempt from a sales tax.
Old 07-27-2011 | 01:49 PM

2012 BMW F30 (328i) Sport Line
Oh wow! I'm glad to know you were a previous BMW driver. When you get your C-Coupe let me know how it drives in comparison. Although I'm excited to make the switch I'm hesitant.. BMW has that special athletic drive that no one else has that I'm worried I might miss. What made you want to switch to Benz?

Your car + it's options sound amazing. It is tough to make a decision when there is nothing to see in person and no pricing... a lot of uncertainty. Keep me (us) updated. Looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing from you as you wait!
Old 08-15-2011 | 06:59 AM

2012 C350 on Order
Well the Mercedes Benz Screwed my 2012 C350 Order.
I ordered my '12 C350 back in April. I Received the final Order with VIN number last Thursday. Before I talk about the problem, here is some background info:
1) I ordered the car with Multimedia Package (Code 320)

2) In July shortly after joining this forum, I notified my dealer about the possible non-availability of the Multimedia Package (Code 320). I even sent her a link to the thread. She assured me that because of my early order date that this package would be included on my new car. She even sent me an e-mail were she had asked Mercedes Benz USA if this option was still included on my order. She just did not stay on top of this.

3) I received the final order confirmation with the altered S34 (a new package which is the COMMAND Launch package + a 6 CD/DVD disc changer and NO Rear-view camera). The order had been changed without my knowledge.

I wanted to keep the Multimedia Package (Code 320) and make sure it stayed that way on my order. My car was supposed to arrived here in Germany between September 2 and 14. My wife and I had planned vacation through the middle of September in order to participate in the delivery ceremony and then tour Germany.After giving my incompetent dealer a piece of my mind the car has been released to stock and I am waiting on an option that will prevent me from becoming a BMW customer again. The compromise I offered is MB-USA has a new car built with the exact options I want along with a discount for the metal paint job ($700.00) and provide me a loaner car from September to the delivery date. The paint discount was part of the original offer from Mercedes-Benz USA. The problem is the delivery date will now be in mid October. We will no longer be on vacation then. I blame my dealer for not staying on top of this even after I expressed my concerns about this issue. Her claims of years of experience and competence in selling cars seems to be grossly exaggerated. Can anyone explain to me what Mercedes Benz's problem is with this package. Has anyone else had this experience? My service experience with MB is not very positive at this point. I hope their quality claims are not as disappointing. I will keep everyone posted.

Last edited by Mobone51; 08-15-2011 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-15-2011 | 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 G63, 2021 E450 All-Terrain Wagon
SAME THING HAPPENED ON MY C250, albeit a little different! I ordered 320, it got changed to S32 and rearview camera separately (dealer didn't call me; i had to call them), then they changed it back to 320 without my knowledge, which is WAY more expensive than ordering the S32+Rearview Camera. I need to call MBUSA and give them a piece of my mind.
Old 09-28-2011 | 02:36 AM

Acura TL-S 2002
Originally Posted by Mobone51
I blame my dealer for not staying on top of this even after I expressed my concerns about this issue. Her claims of years of experience and competence in selling cars seems to be grossly exaggerated. Can anyone explain to me what Mercedes Benz's problem is with this package. Has anyone else had this experience?
Yes, I have had a similar experience with the lighting package. It is not available until the January Production/February delivery. Do not blame the dealer, it is not her fault. I have worked exhaustively through 3 dealers, 2 regional marketing managers, and a factory rep, but hey could do nothing. MB gives them no choice. The reason is the just-in-time inventory model at MB where everything is computerized through suppliers and a manual override is hardly possible.

The reason for the delay is the earthquake/tsunami in Japan whethe the factories supplying LED and LASER parts are not up to full capacity. The lighting package also is standard on C350 in Canada (plus on some expensive AMG editions), so MB has nothing left for the US, of course. The Diamond White paint is also in short supply.

In your case though, MB has offered a better option. The S34 Command with a rear view camera has everything that the multimedia package has and is about $1,000 less. I keep my fingers crossed that S32 and S34 are still available with the rear view camera. It was a special introductory offer, I hope it is still in effect. What specifically did you miss from the multimedia package?
Old 09-28-2011 | 06:51 AM

2012 C350 on Order
The rear view camera was missing. I had originally ordered the multimedia package which my dealer assured me was still available at the time. MB just changed the order without contacting me and the dealer just did not stay on top of the order.
Old 09-29-2011 | 11:41 AM

Acura TL-S 2002
Yes, the camera was dealer's fault. The dealer should have known that, because of the multimedia package delay, the camera was offered as a standalone option with S32 or S34.
Old 09-29-2011 | 02:11 PM
Super Moderator
MBWorld Ambassador

2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by safesphere
Yes, the camera was dealer's fault. The dealer should have known that, because of the multimedia package delay, the camera was offered as a standalone option with S32 or S34.
yup. when my dealer found out about the multimedia package delay, they switched me to the command launch package and the standalone rear-view monitor.

the multimedia package is a rip-off. the only thing that I don't have from the multimedia package is the 6 disc DVD/CD in dash changer that I wouldn't have used anyway. yes, mine does indeed have logic-7 surround sound.
Old 09-29-2011 | 11:44 PM

Acura TL-S 2002
Originally Posted by nlpamg
multimedia package is a rip-off. the only thing that I don't have from the multimedia package is the 6 disc DVD/CD in dash changer that I wouldn't have used anyway.
This is because you got S32. S34 has the 6-disc changer for $400 more, still over a grand less than the MM package. But I agree. I have a 6-disc changer in my old car and find it useless. So I hope for S32 as well, but it may not be there by the time C350 4-Matic shows up.

MB is so freaking cheap. They don't want to offer C350 4Matic in the US until they clear up the stock of the obsolete 3-liter engine. It is not about the size. If things were reversed and the C300 engine would be new and C350 old, I would rather prefer the smaller engine. But either way I just don't want to pay a new price for the engine obsolete even before it is sold.